Upgrade my TV card??? (1 Viewer)

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Just seeing what other people out there are using...
    I currently have a Hauppauge PVR500 dual tuner card. This accepts the signal from my STB using scart out from the STB to composite into the back of the TV card. I know that composite is one of the lowest quality connections, so I was looking to see what other TV cards I can use with maybe a higher quality input. I want to buy a flat screen TV, but am very concerned how a composite video signal is going to look on a larger screen. What TV card is evryone else using, are there any out there that accept a higher quality input signal than antenna or composite??

Kyght Ryder

Portal Member
    January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    edgedemon , I have the same card as you. The S-video offers a better picture quality than the composite connection. Most people are looking at the Hauppauge HD PVR which offers component video in from any HD source. HD PVR Product overviewI belive MP has worked out most of the driver issues and the price is comming down. I belive if you post your question in Hardware Selection Help section you might recive more responses. Good Luck.

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Based on your advice I went down the s-video route and it is a definite improvement

Thx for your help

Rawdeal

December 18, 2008
    WinTv -go Plus

Hi there I bought a Wintv go Plus card a few months ago and I Made a media Center for My TV I love the Media prtal software But I cant get My Wintv go plus card to work any ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom