Ongoing Upgrading my HTPC setup (1 Viewer)

Scha

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
I just ordered a few part to upgrade my HTPC setup, and I'm already considering new upgrades.

What will survive from my old HTPC when new parts arrive:
DDR2 5300. 2x1 GB ram
500 GB HDD
Hauppauge PVR150

New stuff:
Antec Fusion V2
ABIT I-N73HD, nForce-630i+GF7100, HDMI, m-ATX,Socket-775,DDR2,Firewire,PCI-Ex16
and another 500 GB disk (first 500 disk is almost full)

I also have these parts laying around that I will put into the new HTPC:
Core 2 Duo E4400
Radeon HD2400Pro

I am considering the following upgrades as well:

Asus Xonar D2/PM, 7.1 channel, SPDIF, EAX2.0, DTS, DVS, DH, SPLIIX, DDL, PCI
Has anyone tried it? Are there other cards that will give me more bang for buck?

I want a new digital card for when Riks-TV comes here to northern norway, so I'm getting one of these two cards:
Hauppauge! WinTV-HVR4000-HD, Hybrid, PCI, Analog & DVB-T & DVB-S, DVB-S2/HDTV
or
Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV-T/CI, Internal, Firewire, DVB-T receiver

Wich one do you recomend?

I'll try to take some pics when I get the parts and build it. I hate that I never took any pics while building any of my other projects (two arcade machines and my current HTPC).

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
About those tv-cards, are you planning on using the satellite abilities on your system or just use terrestial? Because to hauppauge is a t, s and s2 card and the floppydtv is only dvb-t with CI-slot. If you only use the terrestial side then I think the better choise of those two is the digital Everywhere´s card and it says that it works with RiksTV in Norway:
digital everywhere - FloppyDTV T/CI

If you are planning on using also satellite channels on your system , then go for the hauppauge card

SwingSultan

Portal Pro
July 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
isnt that asus sonar soundcard the one with the useless fan? afaik it isnt that good. i think ive heard that the terratec aureon or something card has one of the best dsp for normal consumers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom