Usability Suggestion (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I've been looking at the new context menu code and found that the ACTION_SHOW_INFO has now become redundant since the info action is almost always an option under the context menu. I think it might be a good idea to remove the ACTION_SHOW_INFO action and ensure that anything it was doing becomes an option in the context menu. This would simplify gui navigation and usage. Of course this would only be in the GUI and during video playback the ACTION_CONTEXT_MENU could bring up the OSD. If we did this it would also simplfiy navigation with the MCE remote (and others) since now the "i" button is freed up to be used by the context menu. I find it a real pain to regrip the MCE remote to hit the yellow button.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I don't think the INFO action should be removed. I really like the fact that I can use F3 to directly go to the info screen. I think it would make more sense to just map the CONTEXT action to the I button on your remote instead of the yellow button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP 1.23 Key Mapping DE
    Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is the final result. To clarify this testing has been carried out using MP 1.23 using PureVisionHD Skin and a HID keyboard with MP/Config/Remotes set to HID "full" profile - Enable HID - Use HID keyboard...
    Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is...
    I recently upgraded from MP 1.14 to MP 1.23. In 1.14 I was using the InputPlugIn to map my remote keys and all was working fine. In...
    Replies
    Views
    Good work guys!
    Good work guys!
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.1 After the release of MediaPortal 2.2 Final the team focussed on improving usability and...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    @Lehmden Thank you for the link. I have removed the text "*** Text to be added ***" on the page mentioned with a link to the other page in the Wiki which describes it in every detail. The page with the missing information is the first hit in Google and the Wiki when searching for "mediaportal add media sources", this should help...
    @Lehmden Thank you for the link. I have removed the text "*** Text to be added ***" on the page mentioned with a link to the other...
    Hi there, I had some free time at hand and I wanted to give MP2 another chance after about 5 years. In the past I tried out the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom