USB Copier (1 Viewer)

FireSokar

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Im looking for a plugin that can be installed on Mediaportal that will either automatically or manually on launch of the plugin, Copy the files from a USB Device (External HDD) to a specified folder everytime its connected. I am wanting to copy large .mkv files from my external that just doesnt make sense over wifi. I need it to display number of files progress of the files being copied etc. Estimated time/speed like windows when manually copying would be nice. Can anyone please tell me if there is one allready / or if they are able to make one to do it.

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
The file browser in the video section already supports file operations.

To use it, select the folder that you want to use as the destination and then use te menu to set it as the destination. Then find the files you want to copy and use the menu to copy the files.

Sorry if i'm being vague. I have spent the last 5 hours upgrading each of my MP systems (1 server and 4 clients). The need to do a clean install is a good reason to think twice about using the SVN builds ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Doesn't Windows have built in functionality that you can use? Some sort of synchronization? Say you give your usb stick or whatever a specific name that the synchronization picks up on, and automatically starts copying files when inserted?

Emph

FireSokar

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Eventghost VBS

I made a script last night in VBS and I have event ghost launch it on the Recorded_TV button since I dont use my HTPC's for TV. It works in the background but was looking for some way of display a status in the foreground on MP Screen somewhere. Only way Ill know now is by closing MP and checking the Progress window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom