usb lcd (photoframe) samsung on MP?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ebk71, December 1, 2010.

1. ebk71

ebk71 Portal Member

Projectmanager
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Samsung produces a few photoframes with usb connection capable being used as a second monitor. You need to install samsung software to drive the photoframe. I believe this works different then the U70 they had a few years back. But is this principle working with MP?
    I found several topics with this Q, but none was answered. If there could be a chance for success I can purchase a secondhand and try it out, but I don't have any use for just a photoframe :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Andrusha777

Andrusha777 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi! Recently i bought Samsung spf-87h
    So it works as external display, but in system it recognizes as anther video card! So Win XP shows desktop on it, but i can't understand how to attach it to mediaportal?! In MP config i can't switch displays, may be because it works as different video adapter?

4. cubii

cubii Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Show System Specs
    AW: usb lcd (photoframe) samsung on MP?

you need mpdisplay 2 (plugin)

There is a german thread about it, it works, but i dont know how well. It seems you have to select the frame in some samsung software every time you start the pc that it switches to minidisplay mode...

5. Andrusha777

Andrusha777 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    cubii, not so bat as u think abous samsung. It can perfetly works in mode, which was selected before poweroff. So if monitor mode was selected, it's starts with a monitor mode. No software management needed. You only have to install samsung software once - is installs some drivers. Frame also can work by USB connection without any power adaptor. Only bad thing is, that you manually need to switch on fotoframe or off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cubii

cubii Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Show System Specs
    AW: Re: usb lcd (photoframe) samsung on MP?

That means that the frame doesnt start when pc is powered on? (only manualy?)

So it seems not as good as i thought for an external display for mediaportal..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!