Use MP's volume control with S/PDIF passthrough (1 Viewer)

Daij-Djan

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
Hi,
Can I use MP's volume control with S/PDIF passthrough enabled?
I fear I can't but you can always hope :) (and ask)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
tkortell said:
Is it even posible to change the volume on a digital signal?

R / tk

Of course it is. Changing the volume of a digital ac3/dts-encoded signal is very difficult, however.

-k

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi CyberSimian, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I had looked for some kind of hardware solution (unsuccessfully) and your suggestion looks promising. However since posting the questionI have realised that MP itself provides a solution! Powerscheduler in Expert Settings mode provides an override function to put Windows into...
Hi CyberSimian, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I had looked for some kind of hardware solution (unsuccessfully) and your...
I think this is a variation on other questions about audio output and setup. I specifically want to have my MP sound output over...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
Replies
Views
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
Replies
Views
A response is hopeless I guess. I could mostly extract the source code of the "Alexa MP2 plugin" and fixed most references, but it does not compile yet. Branch: GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 at FEAT_Alexa Plugin location: MediaPortal-2/MediaPortal/Incubator/Alexa at 645df8dd78b85731a4bb92e7e0a1e17317f3af88 ·...
A response is hopeless I guess. I could mostly extract the source code of the "Alexa MP2 plugin" and fixed most references, but it...
For now I went ahead and implemented the MP2 Plugin ;) (Attached Zip) You need to go into Settings in MP2 and log in to the Amazon...
Replies
Views
Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom