Usenet News Service (1 Viewer)

Which usenet news service is your favorite?

• Total voters

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Everyone using SABnzbd has to be getting there Usenet service from somewhere. Which one is your favorite? I have tried 2 ISP servers (Shaw/Sasktel), Giganews, Supernews & Astraweb in the past.

I really liked Giganews and was with them for 4 years. But since to save money I moved to Supernews and I have been happy with them as well. I recently upgraded my internet to 100 Mbps download and Supernews can get it to 11,800 KBps.

cgrey

Portal Member
December 15, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been happy with usenetmonster. Good retention, pretty fast downloads, and reasonable pricing (many plans to choose from).

Not sure I can post a link in this forum, just add the "www" before their name and the ".com" after to get there... :)

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I don't see why you can't post a link, nothing illegal about Usenet Monster. I had never heard of them but I like there $99.95/year, that's a pretty good deal as long as they don't go out of business.

cgrey

Portal Member
December 15, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wasn't sure about the link - some forums don't allow you to link to any outside "services".

I've been with usenetmonster for about 2-years now. They have plans as low as $3 USD/month for 5-gigs of downloads. All the way up to $99/year for unlimited.

They also have "rollover' - if you have a 10-Gig/month plan, for example, and only use 7-Gig this month, you can roll the other 3-Gig over to next month.

I used to do a LOT more downloading via Usenet than I do now, so I'm currently only on the 10-Gig/month plan. Still, even when I was downloading lots more, I was always happy with the speed (and retention / completeness). I would recommend them to anyone looking to try out a usenet provider, especially for only $3/month for the cheapest plan.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ya I don't think links is a big deal here. My original post links to 3 different sites. Thanks for the recommendation, I would add it to the poll but I don't really got much control over a poll once I post it, kinda silly for the moderator/original poster.

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Have stayed with giganews for 5 years. And Im not planning to change :) I remember I gopt a 3 day trial period and speed was not good. And I acted like a total idiot and rude as hell :p But they was nice and pointed me to the problem, wich was at my end :p

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Have stayed with giganews for 5 years. And Im not planning to change :) I remember I gopt a 3 day trial period and speed was not good. And I acted like a total idiot and rude as hell :p But they was nice and pointed me to the problem, wich was at my end :p

Ya Giganews is #1 in service and adds lots of features without upping price.

Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Been with Giganews for 3 years now, and must say that i haven't had one single regret ever.
    Outstanding support and excellent speed.

mufdvr3669

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2008
    Astraweb is my fav due to price and retention. Almost get the same retention as Giganews, don't know about speed but get close to my max of 10 - 15 Mbps, all for the low price of $96 yearly which was on special a few months ago. Would like to try Giganews but not going to pay almost 4 times the price for pretty much equal features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom