User interface on second dispay? (1 Viewer)

wewes

March 23, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I wonder if there is the opportunity to use a second display just for the user interface. I'd like to connect a small 800x600 LCD via DVI and my large TV via RGB to the dual-head enabled Nvidia 6150. So I could e.g. listen to music without having the TV on. I've learned that cloning the TV display is not an option as DX9 acceleration only supports the first screen and the display plugin supports only smaller displays.

Looking forward to your comments!

MediaPortal Version:0.2.2
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: Athlon64 3800+ (65nm)
Motherboard:M2NPV-VM
1. TV Card:confused:kystar2
MPEG2 Video Codec:NVIDIA
MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVIDIA

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cloning might just be the right option, because on cloning you just have 1 display (the primary, which is shown on both displays). If you setup 2 really different displays, you have the issue of DX not being HW Accelerated on the secondary display. The GUI needs DX, as well as the Video Renderer (incl. some GUI), so try cloning.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    True cloning works well but you are restricted to both displays having identical resolutins and refresh; as of yet no display drivers from ATI/AMD or NV have true scaling options for cloned displays.

So you are then forced to the resolution of the smallest display.

I use a touch screen LCD for control with MAX 1024x768 so my PJ is restricted to this res as well.

You can use HotKEYS from within your drivers to change res and dispalys for flexibility BUT MP doesn't like this and tends to crash the GUI with DX errors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom