Users Manual (FAQ) Volunteers? (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The goal of Moving Pictures is to be as usable out of the box as possible. Ideally no users manual or FAQ or whatever would be necessary. Unfortunately this is not a perfect world though. I am sure I could hack out a manual, I am kind of partial to creating documentation anyway, but that means delays on development of the plug-in itself. So I was wondering if any of you community members are interested in helping out with a users manual. Things probably wouldn't get rolling until this weekend at the earliest, and I would provide an outline so you wouldn't be thrown into the deep in.

Let me know though if you are interested in helping out, either via a reply here or a PM.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What's the time frame on this? Have a decent manual/FAQ with R1.0? I for one would volunteer after I've finished editing the skin files for 4x3
If others would as well, we could split up the workload.
Focus on installation/configuration/advanced topics ;-)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Definitely I would want it ready by 1.0, but 1.0 is probably a longish way off. I was thinking of throwing up an outline next week and then as a group we could start to fill things in as time allows. No firm deadline, but I see a lot of common questions starting to surface so I think now is a good time to start formalizing those questions into a document. I will jot your name down and send you a PM next week as things start to come together.

Anyone else that is interested in helping, feel free to speak up. :p

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
E-mailed you.

I think theres a few questions I/we have answered 10-15 times, so yes, a FAQ should come soon. Could even just be a temp one, because there are some issues right now that are going to be sorted out in a later release, that people need to be informed about. For instance the whole .iso .ISO thing..

CaptSonic

Portal Member
August 6, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

A FAQ is a quite good idea and I would help, but my written English is not as good as it has to be for a FAQ..

Perhaps there is need of a German FAQ based on the English one..

Felias

Portal Pro
August 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just a thought:

Why not start it as a Wiki so lots of people can contribute? There should be one "admin" to make sure the content makes sense though.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
ISO support is not implemented yet.

And yes it will be a wiki, I wanted to use the wiki on the Google Code page, but I am not sure it is flexible enough. I am going to have to look at options this weekend.

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain

A FAQ is a quite good idea and I would help, but my written English is not as good as it has to be for a FAQ..

Perhaps there is need of a German FAQ based on the English one..

Same here... so if you need a Spanish translation count on me for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom