Using A Pocket PC As A Remote COntrol For MP (Over IR) (1 Viewer)

butch_vendor

January 17, 2006
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the MP software and am in the process of building myself a budget HTPC as a trail before I spend any big bucks on new hardware. So my HTPC is currently based around a 1Ghz athlon, which works OK for movies ect but its just a little slow.

My question is regarding a remote control, I have a USB IR reciver on my dedktop pc and a pocket PC running pcoket pc 2003 OS. I use the IR reciver to snyc my pocket pc to my desktop.

Is there any software that would allow my pocket PC to act as a remote control for my HTPC (basically making the pocket pc simulate something like a MCE reote control).

I have had a search through the forum and I can't find any info on this topic, so sorry if I have accidently asked a popular quesion.

Any help will be appreciated.

rich710

Portal Member
July 13, 2004
Sweden
There are several "remote" programs for pocketpc that can learn from your remote, ex, Nevo, Vito Remote, mfl...
I dont know what tuner card you have but if there are support for it's remote in MP then just learn its signals to your pocketpc. or borrow some friends MCE remote and copy the commands

butch_vendor

January 17, 2006
At the moment I havn't got a tuner card in my HTPC, as im using it just to play xvids ect on my TV. So all I'm lookig for the remote to do is just allow me to naviagte around MP without using the mouse / keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
Replies
Views
upon a second look at MP Config, there is no latency setting... only "Repeat delay" and "Repeat speed" settings, not even in Windows is there a setting for latency for HID devices. If the remote doesn't have those settings in the MyHarmony setup, then there is no recourse. :(
upon a second look at MP Config, there is no latency setting... only "Repeat delay" and "Repeat speed" settings, not even in...
I have a Logitech Harmony 650 remote and Microsoft 1040 IR receiver which I used successfully for several years on a home-built PC...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
Replies
Views
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom