Using ComskipLauncher to run a batch file. (1 Viewer)

djfuego

December 20, 2008
Hello everyone,

I've been a user of MP for about a year and a bit now and it's great. I'm using the server client installation RC4 I realise the final is now out but this shouldn't affect what I'm tring to accomplish.

I wanted to transcode my recorded tv programs after recording had finished and what better why than to use the ComSkip launcher. It provides me with the command I want to run after the recording is complete so I thought I'd point it to the following Batch file called "encode.bat"

Code:
echo FFMPEG -i %1 -s 512x384 -vcodec mpeg4 -vtag XVID -b 700kb -mbd rd -flags +4mv -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 300 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 96 -ac 2 -async 1 "F:\TV\recordings\%~n1.avi" >c:\windows\codecs\go11.bat
call c:\windows\codecs\go11.bat
del c:\windows\codecs\go11.bat
del %1

I can run this file from the commandline manually and it works just fine. or I can drag a recording over it and off it goes.

I removed the del go11.bat command to make sure the command created was correct and it was so what's stopping this from working?

BTW There doesn't appear to be a Encode function on the client any more but that's cool cause I'd rather have more control over my transcodes

Has anyone managed to get MP to perform this task yet?

I look forward to your help.
This is an XP Pro box btw

Merry Christmas!.

This one was my bad :)
I just had to run FFMPEG with the full pathname to the exe Everythings Sweet now.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom