Using Fanart with Aeon Wide Skin (1 Viewer)

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

I jus started using the Aeon skin and for the first time I found some time to get acquainted with the fanart thingy. I downloaded some fanart for my tvseries plugin. but now I have a bunch of png files and I do not know where I need to place these png files. also, i would be interested in using specific fan art wenn going to a specific series in the tvseries tab.

Would be grateful if someone could give me some advice, as I am really stuck here.

thanks you guys in advance.

best,

kian

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Fan Art for AEON goes in skin\Aeon wide\Media\Animations\ and then the type you want for example:

MediaPortal\skin\Aeon wide\Media\Animations\movies

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
thank you very much.
I have one more question though, how can I make the pictures "nonrandom"? For instance in the MyTvSeries plugin when I go to my Lost episodes, how can it show lost fanart only?

dA.oOZe

Portal Pro
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I still don't get it how to include fanart and backdrops...

Where do I know from which subfolder in ...\Animations\ is used for what screen? Are the filenames of any meaning? Current problem: I use the myEmulators plugin with the current myEmulators.xml from SVN. Works finem except that no emulator backdrops are displayed. The only background showing for it is the "Stargate" background (or whatever it is...), namely PL0001.jpg located under ...\Animations\plugins. This one is always the default background when entering MP (I don't use the BasicHome screen atm.)

Is there any documentation out there, describing where to put what backdrops and how to name it? Ideally one, which is written for "stupid" people like me... :)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Open up myemulators.xml with a text editor(notepad is fine) look for the definition of background folders, it should be close to the top..

.. Did it for you:

What youre looking for in every screen if you wonder what folder is used for its backgrounds:

Code:
      <control>
      <type>multiimage</type>
      <id>98792</id>
      <posx>0</posx>
      <posy>0</posy>
      <width>1366</width>
      <height>768</height>
      [COLOR="Red"]<imagepath>plugins</imagepath>[/COLOR]
      <timeperimage>60000</timeperimage>
      <fadetime>800</fadetime>
      <loop>yes</loop>
      <randomize>true</randomize>
    </control>

As you can see the images for this xml is located in "plugins", meaning aeon\media\animations\plugins

If you want you can change the imagepath to "emulators" (or even "tralala") just create that folder and put fanart of yout choice in it =)

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom