Using MCE Replacement for client and server on one machine (1 Viewer)

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
I've had a look through the postings and I think I know the answer is currently no, as the MCEIR only supports one client at a time, but I thought I'd just ask if there was a fix, or if it was on the roadmap.

I have a single PC installation of TVE3, with client and server on one machine.

I've had problems with the server blaster not working (raised in another posting), so I went back to the old trusty MCE replacement, and on the server it works perfectly.

Now as I needed to install the replacement driver to get the TVE3ReplacementBlaster to work, my native MCE remote support in the MP frontend no longer works. So I need to configure the MCE Replacement in the MP frontend as well.

Now at this point all is great the TVE3 is running and will change channel successfully. The MP frontend is working, and the MCE remote is able to control MP perfectly (using the MCE Replacement Plugin).

Now, if I change channels, the blaster will blast out OK the channel change, but from that point on, my MP frontend will not respond to remote clicks, I think this is because with the TVE3BLaster using the MCEIR API it effectively "disconnects" the MCE Replacement Plugin.

Is there any way to have the TVE3Blaster not "break" the MP Plugin (perhaps after blasting then re-initialse the driver to a sane state for the MP plugin to operate) ? or does the simple event of accessing the API break any other clients using the API?

Other thoughts would be if we didn't need the replacement driver then the TVE3 blaster and MP Plugin would be able to operate together, as I don't believe there are similar "re-entrancy" (for want of a better word) issues with the standard driver interface.

I've tried using the standard ServerBlaster that comes with TVE3, but it is broken at the moment (won't blast at all).

Any ideas?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

I'm currently working on and testing a solution to this problem. It uses a separate program to control access to the MceIr device.

I've got a couple of bugs to clear up, which should be sorted out in the next day or so.

If you PM me with an email address that I can send a ~1mb attachment to then I can send you a copy to try out when it's ready for some more testing?

Offer goes for anyone else who's interested too. PM your email address and I'll send you a copy you can test for me. As long as you promise to report back any bugs or suggestions.

Cheers,

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Mate, you are a machine!

Thanks for all your effort and support to the community with this plugin, it is providing a major difference to the quality of MP for many people.

PM sent.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom