Using mediaportal in lieu of hauppauge wintv (1 Viewer)

N

Netspeedz

No, that's not possible. The USB TV hardware is controlled by the TVServer service, which therefore is a must. The MediaPortal GUI is merely a frontend when it comes to TV.

Is there another 3rd party software that can interface with the WinTV dualHD USB TV tuner card?

------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can be used. So far no-problems with stop & start MP1's TV server, when trying to use WinTV 10 tv screen.
To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can...
After MP1 installment, the next step was to challenge behavior of the software with a "duel" tv tuner with screen watch & record...
Replies
Views
Colossus shows up and tried what was in the wiki scanned for channels but no channels detected. Was trying for couple of hours but nothing. I did find another program that picked up the channel and am recording without the choppy laggy video. Thank you again for the fast response and help.
Colossus shows up and tried what was in the wiki scanned for channels but no channels detected. Was trying for couple of hours but...
Hi i'm new to the forum. I'm having a problem i'm using Hauppauge colossus 2 and have my cable connected using hdmi cable. I open...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
Replies
Views
:(. I have never used satellite TV, and I regret that I do not know what the problem might be. TV Server scans only those frequencies that are defined in the tuning-parameters file for the satellite that you are scanning, so it is possible that the missing channels have moved to a new frequency that is not contained in the...
:(. I have never used satellite TV, and I regret that I do not know what the problem might be. TV Server scans only those...
After many years of successful usage of MediaPortal, we were forced to upgrade the htpc (it's now more than 10 years old). I needed...
Replies
Views
WinTV v10 TV server may have the tv cards locked.
WinTV v10 TV server may have the tv cards locked.
I recently tried to test the MP 1.29 Pre-release, to find out the MySQL Server 5.6 won't install & connect host to my TV Tuner...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom