Using remote to exit external player (PowerDVD) (1 Viewer)

pacemaker1000

Portal Member
March 30, 2011
can i map a button that will allow me to close PDVD and return to MP?
so far i have tried and failed

thanks

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Bit of an open question when you don't say what remote you have. Have you tried IRSS?

That will allow you to map remote buttons for a variety of remotes to different applications. Otherwise, if that doesn't work then you can buy intelliremote, which will work a treat.

pacemaker1000

Portal Member
    March 30, 2011
    :sorry:

should have added its just the MCE remote
    i tried mapping the red teletext keys with 'exit' plus a couple of others but no go

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    In IRSS there is an option to completely disable the automatically assigned MCE remote buttons.

If you select this and then use the IRSS Translator to remap each button, you can then assign any button to any function for any programme.

pacemaker1000

Portal Member
    March 30, 2011
    In IRSS there is an option to completely disable the automatically assigned MCE remote buttons.

If you select this and then use the IRSS Translator to remap each button, you can then assign any button to any function for any programme.

:D

i believe to close its 'ctrl X' so will give it a go

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Or ALT+F4 which will work for any Windows application including PDVD

pacemaker1000

Portal Member
    March 30, 2011
    sorry to appear dumb but can i leave everything as it is and just assign say one of the coloured unused teletext buttons to replicate the suggestd alt+F4?
    can this be done within MP without external software

:D

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Maybe,

If the key is not already assigned to an MCE command.

Just try it and see how you get on!

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    I'm wanting to do the same thing but I can't figure it out. I've spent over an hour reading documentation and trying different settings but nothing works. Can someone possibly help out? I've got PowerDVD running in full screen as an external player for DVDs and BluRay. All I want to do it Alt+F4 it with the MCE/Harmony 525 once I've finished watching a disc so I can go back to the MP interface.

ANY help would be appreciated. I'm tearing my hair out...

Users who are viewing this thread