Using software and smartcard to view DVB-T encrypted channels (1 Viewer)

joho500

Portal Member
June 3, 2007
Haarlem NL
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Started on: 2007-06-11
last update: 2007-06-11

Summary:
I would like the option to view encrypted Digitenne channels with a Free-to-Air DVB-T receiver

Area:
MyTV

Description:
The hardware needed to view encrypted DVB-T channels is rather expensive. You need a DVB-T receiver card that can hold a Cam module and a Cam module itself (Conax in case of Digitenne in the Netherlands). ProgDVB offers the possibity to use software to emulate the Conax module (CnxCam.dll) in combination with a Phoenix smartcard reader. I've read an article on a forum where the author uses a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T SE USB2 receiver with this solution.

Is it possible to incorporate this in MediaPortal? :)

Greetzzz,
joho

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    emulate the Conax module

Unfortunately CAM EMULATORS (which can be used illegally to decode) of any description are not allowed to be discussed on this forum, This is due to liability\legal reasons that Team Mediaportal does not want to be involved with, so you will get no support for this.

:sorry:

joho500

Portal Member
    June 3, 2007
    Haarlem NL
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't get me wrong. It's not my intention to do something illegal. If I understand it right than the Conax module is use to read the smartcard supplied to me by Digitenne and then decrypts the selected channel. It doesn't work without the smartcard. In the solution I describe the hardware Conax module is replaced by software to access the smartcard.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom