Ongoing Using Vista 32 will I get advantage to Upgrade to Vista 64? (1 Viewer)

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
April 14, 2007
Hey all,

Got a nice setup hardware wise, dual core AMD been running my HTPC for a while but only on vista 32 as when I first got it, vista was still new and it was hard enought getting vista 64 drivers, let alone 64 bit ones. And of the 64 bit ones a lot were flakey.

So I been running vista 32 for a while now with no major probs but looking at drivers etc and all my hardware now pretty much supports 64 vista so I was contemplating to upgrade to 64 now. But thinking, is it really worth the hassle? I will have to reinstall everything again and setup and start from scratch.

So yeah Media Portal is only a 32 bit app so now advantages there if I run it under vista 64, but will there be any advantages in vista 64 having 64 bit drivers running the hardware as well as having the actual OS itself running the 64 bit instruction set? Ir should I just stick to vista 32?

Would appreciate any comments?

Thanks!

Rickler

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The only benefit is the ability to use 4GB of ram or more. There are performance advantages but are not really worth reinstalling the OS (you can not upgrade).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom