uTorrent Media Organizer (1 Viewer)

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Hi everybody,

I have made a small tool that can help to organize media content after being downloaded with uTorrent.

The tool will attempt to identify tvseries, movies and music and in case it's successful in doing so they will be moved into a more appropriate structure in destination folder. It's important to setup uTorrent so that torrents upon completion are moved to a dedicated folder, that is different from the one were the ongoing downloads are placed(The destination should not be a subfolder inside the completion folder). Another thing of importance is to activate the uTorrent web-interface, so that the tool can be allowed to remove completed torrents before they are organized.

Folder configuration is done inside the config.xml file inside the installation folder, it can be edited by a texteditor or the configuration.exe tool that is placed at the same location. In case the destination folder is placed on a UNC path and the tool is running as a NTService, it's important to configure a user the runs the service (else it will not be able to access them).

Movies)
Movies are identified incase a nfo file is attached to the file. If that is the case the movie title will be obtained from imdb and then used as a file name in the output folder.
Output will be : Media with Imdbtitle plus nfo file

TvSeries)
A regex expression inside the tool identifies tvseries from the file.
Output will be : TV Serie name \\ Season \\ TV Serie name - S01E01 - Episode Title

**Only media that can be automaticly identify will be attempted to be moved.

SpecialFeatures.
Automatic removal of Torrent from uTorrent
Able to unpack rar files
Can be installed as a NTSerivce

Recommended File Structure

\\DOWNLOADS\\COMPLETED
\\DOWNLOADS\\UNCOMPLETED

\\MEDIA\\MOVIES
\\MEDIA\\TV SERIES
\\MEDIA\\MUSIC
\\MEDIA\\VIDEOS

Br,
H

Attachments

• Binary.zip
    1.3 MB

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have downloaded a couple of torrents that have a folder structure, and nothing is being moved.

edit:::
ok, I guess it is moving them, but it is not moving them to my appropriate folder structure, it is just keeping everything in my download folder...

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
have any links to the renamer? and I don't use event ghost. So I really don't know the answer.

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Hi,

The purpose of this tool is to fully automate the process of removing downloaded torrents and moving them to the destination folder in a organized fashion so they look good on drive aswell inside the MovingPictures and MP-TvSeries plugins.

The tool is also configuration light-weight, only thing to setup is the completion and output folders.

Br,
H.

LordMerlin

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
Rostov-na-Donu
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Why work when the program makes a folder called archive and move it there instead of unpack in the folder contents of the archive?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
It is not moving them to my output folders, though. they never move from c:\data\downloads to c:\data\music, or to c:\data\Movies. they all stay in the downloads folder.

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    FYI, I've been doing the same thing with SCRU. Set it to run at Windows startup, create filters and it will extract files to the specified directory specified.

Description:
    SCRU is an advanced unpacker designed to unpack so called "scene-releases".
    It offers automatic unpacking when a torrent is complete, to custom locations, or by profile. e.g
    Lost to "C:\Lost\". Post-processing of files/folders to e.g copy Subs etc, or run a
    custom/external program or script after extraction. SCRU can also add itself to the shell
    context menu, so you can easily extract a release by right-clicking it in explorer.

Key features:
    Custom filters enables dynamic destinations.
    Unpack to correct destinations automatically.
    Queueing of jobs. 1 instance, 1 queue.
    Post-processing of extracted files.
    Run external programs for custom processing.
    Watch multiple directories for new folders to process.
    Unpack on directory creation.
    Perform file copy on custom file extensions.

Notes:
    SCRU is not a replacement for WinRAR or WinZip.
    SCRU was developed to unpack "scene releases" because of their uniform file structure.
    This is it's strength, but used in a different context this CAN also be it's weakness.
    SCRU assumes only one archive set within a directory, at least for RAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom