Video Card Driver: Catalyst 6.3
    Video Card Resolution: 1152x864
    Video Render Type: ???
    Video Codec Type & Version: ???
    Audio Codec Type & Version: ???
    TV Card: ATI HDTV Wonder
    TV Card Type: software analog and ATSC OTA
    TV Card Driver: 6.1

1. When running set up wizard, the analog autoscan feature did not work for analog (no channels found)
    2. When running the configuration screen I get an error when trying to set up the analog card. I navigate to Television > Capture Cards
    There are 2 items in the menu -
    ATI HDTV Wonder
    ATI HDTV Wonder (Analogue)
    I select the Analogue and press 'edit' and then a popup window comes up and says "Unable to create graph for this device!!". I press ok and then it comes up again with the same popup. I press ok again and then the edit setting screen comes up. There is no autotune tab on this screen.

I tried to manually set up an analog channel, but I was unable to see it in 'My TV'. The message was: 'TV failed to start'

3. While manually setting up a channel, I chose 'United States' and clicked 'ok'. When I edit the channel, the setting has changed to 'Anguilla'. I tried to change it back to 'United States' and even tried 'Canada', but it always returned to 'Anguilla'.

4. ATSC autotune did not find San Francisco's KQED channels (9-1,9-2,9-3,9-4, and 9-5). I am able to autotune these channels with ATI's Multimedia Center and Beyond TV. The signal is about 80%.

5. I am unable to watch TV with 'timeshifting' on. When I switch it on, the TV screen is blank. When recording TV, the screen is also blank. However the TV recording plays back in Windows Media Center, so the recording was successful.

wonderificdave

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    Thanks for helping me out with this. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to provide more help to the development team. I am also interested in helping out with development.

By the way I am currently using the ATI/Cyberlink Codecs for audio and video. I also tried the default and a couple other codecs and found the same problem with timeshifting. Definitely the timeshifting is the most important thing for me to get working.

Thanks!

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
    CPU Type: Pentium 4
    Memory: 1GB PC3200
    Motherboard: Asus P4PE800 Deluxe
    Motherboard Chipset: i865PE
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Gigabyte 6600GT
    Video Card Driver: 83.60
    Sound Card: Onboard
    Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Vbox DTA-150
    1. TV Card Type: ATSC
    1. TV Card Driver: BDA
    2. TV Card: Fusion 5 Lite
    2. TV Card Type: ATSC
    2. TV Card Driver: BDA
    Video Codec: NVidia Purevideo
    Audio Codec: Mpeg/AC3/DD...
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: OTA
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC03V
    Power Supply: Silvertsone Strider 400w
    Remote: MCE USA
    TV: Philips 30PW8520 (30" Widescreen CRT)
    TV - HTPC Connection: Component

0.2 RC3 3-20-06 Private Build

I can verify that timeshifting is still broken for ATSC users. Switching on TS causes my TV to lose sound and picture. Bug has been added to Mantis: ref# 685.

MP Log portion: http://mp.pastebin.com/612610
    recorder log: http://mp.pastebin.com/612617

Wonderificdave: Could you post your logfiles in the pastebin (see my links) as new posts and link them here?

wonderificdave

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    logs are attached

Use case:

Start Media Portal
    Select My TV (This starts viewing tv with timeshifting off - picture and sound)
    Turned time shift on - ERROR no picture or sound
    Turned time shift off - works - picture and sound
    Turn record on - ERROR no picture or sound
    Turn record off and TV on - works - picture and sound

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    hey dave, can you change channels with TS or recording off? Becasue I can't. MP hangs, and there isn't any info in the logs.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    I was using RC3 with a 3-20-06 private build. I'll need to try a CVS here tonight, because I can't even change the channel.

wonderificdave

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    I will try and test a newer build tonight and see if it is card specific or a problem with the latest in cvx. Although I haven't done that before I may not succeed tonight.

Are there any developers actively working on ATSC? I'd like to work on support for my HDTV wonder card. I don't have much experience or a lot of time, but I can probably knock out a couple of minor bugs after getting oriented. Can you put me in touch with the developers for ATSC?

Thanks!

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    wonderificdave said:
    I will try and test a newer build tonight and see if it is card specific or a problem with the latest in cvx. Although I haven't done that before I may not succeed tonight.

Are there any developers actively working on ATSC? I'd like to work on support for my HDTV wonder card. I don't have much experience or a lot of time, but I can probably knock out a couple of minor bugs after getting oriented. Can you put me in touch with the developers for ATSC?

Thanks!

I certainly will! We really need a dedicated ATSC developer so I'm sure the devs would love the help!

wonderificdave

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    I spent some time last night trying to track down the scanning/tuning issue for the KQED stations (item 4 in my original post). I didn't have a chance to look into changing the channels with the latest in CVS. I am going to make some debugging changes and do a build tonight. I will see if I can reproduce.

I also noticed that scanning for digital channels through the configuration screen doesn't work for me. Can you try that to see if it is card specific? The navigation is something like: Television > Cards > Select your digital card > Edit Then there is a popup that comes up and one of the tabs lets you scan for channels. It quickly scans through all channels and the UI doesn't look like anything bad happens. However the log has these entries for all channels:

3/21/2006 12:10:55 AM Start graph!
    3/21/2006 12:10:55 AM DVBGraph: FAILED unable to start graph :0x80070020
    3/21/2006 12:10:55 AM atsc-scan:signal quality:0 signal strength:0 signal present:False
    3/21/2006 12:10:55 AM tune channel:1/255 Channel:1
    3/21/2006 12:10:55 AM DVBGraph: FAILED unable to start graph :0x80070020
    3/21/2006 12:10:55 AM atsc-scan:signal quality:0 signal strength:0 signal present:False
    3/21/2006 12:10:55 AM tune channel:2/255 Channel:2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom