Various bugs (cpu load, aspect ratio, EPG language) (1 Viewer)

daniel632

September 11, 2005
Sorry for posting multiple bugs in one message -- I just don't want to flood the forum.

Area: Media Portal Program / MyTV
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: P4 Mobile 2.0GHz
Memory: 512 MB
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Mobile (Dell Inspiron 8500)
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 4200 Go
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6742
Video Render Type: VMR9 / Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: MPEG2Dec
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
TV Card: AITO DVB-T Duo Cardbus (Same as Lifeview FlyDVB-T Duo CardBus)
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: ?

Bug 1: 100% CPU load when using VMR9 and timeshifting is off -- it is only about 60% with timeshifting. This does not happen with the overlay renderer. I guess that is already confirmed as http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/view.php?id=571

Bug 2: The aspect ratio is not always correct when using the Mpeg2Dec codec. It looks like it's hardcoded to 4:3, so there are distortions when programs are broadcast in 16:9. Unfortunately, I have 16:10 wide screen, and there is no way to get a correct 16:9 picture with the zoom settings in that case. This problem does not occur with other codecs (e.g. Intervideo).
The attached log file is from a program that was broadcast as 16:9, but was displayed with a lot of streching in a 4:3 window.

Bug 3: It seems that the language names in the EPG grabber are case-sensitive. I got a lot of messages in the epg.log that said something like "language rejected <some-program-name> DEU", but only when I manually added "DEU" to the MediaPortal.xml (in addition to "deu"), the program information was immediately found.

Bug 4: (Not a bug, but a usability-improvement) The tv stations selection that I get when right-clicking the fullscreen tv (or pressing F9) always starts with the first page. It would be alot better if it started with the page that contains the current station -- nicer zapping.

Anyway, I really like MediaPortal, it is a whole dimension away from the crap software provided with my TV card. Keep up the good work!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    daniel632 said:
    Bug 3: It seems that the language names in the EPG grabber are case-sensitive. I got a lot of messages in the epg.log that said something like "language rejected <some-program-name> DEU", but only when I manually added "DEU" to the MediaPortal.xml (in addition to "deu"), the program information was immediately found.
    this bug is confirmed. thanks for reporting!
    :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    daniel632 said:
    Bug 2: The aspect ratio is not always correct when using the Mpeg2Dec codec. It looks like it's hardcoded to 4:3, so there are distortions when programs are broadcast in 16:9. Unfortunately, I have 16:10 wide screen, and there is no way to get a correct 16:9 picture with the zoom settings in that case. This problem does not occur with other codecs (e.g. Intervideo).
    The attached log file is from a program that was broadcast as 16:9, but was displayed with a lot of streching in a 4:3 window.
    i have got another report about this problem. it seems that the Mpeg2Dec has a problem to determin the aspect ratio

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    daniel632 said:
    Bug 1: 100% CPU load when using VMR9 and timeshifting is off -- it is only about 60% with timeshifting. This does not happen with the overlay renderer. I guess that is already confirmed
    yes this has already been added into Mantis.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    it would be nice if you could start one topic for every peoblem next time. i know thats more work but it makes it easier collect confimations and to call a bug confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom