Various Issues with 1.2b music - Jameson Please help (1 Viewer)

Mr. V

Portal Pro
September 15, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Hi people/Jameson

I posted some questions in feedback for 1.2 music section. Havent had a response and not sure if i posted in the correct area.
I am using MP 1.2b at the moment and will soon update to the svn version. So not sure some of these have been fixed.

These are issues i am having with skin files i am making, which i think are related to bugs with the music section. I am using every tnew tag possible incorporating these into every music view i can think of.

I don't really want to post the files at this stage, but if you can help me i can send them to you to see what i mean.

1. In tracks view, most if not all are 2 channel. most are showing as 1 channel. The visability condition i use for 1 and 2 channel is;
string.contains(#channels,1)
string.contains(#channels,2)

2. Star Ratings in tracks view. If check the data under rating. Most songs have a zero rating. Using !string.equals(#rating,0) still shows a rating of 1/10.

3. I have set up music tags in the playlist xml. They display fine. if i have a mix of artists, the tags only display the info from the first artist. For example the artist bio, will only show the info from the first artist. If i move to a different artist it does not update, still shows the info from the first.

4. For album artist index. When on a letter it shows the bio of the first artist. Is this intentional?

5. As above but happens when i go to ratings.

6. If i select artist tracks, it will not pick up the music tags. So no bio, style, mood ect.

7. As above but this happen when i go into years.

May be there is something i am missing with views. I set a a visability condition for the various views string.equals(#itemtype,#(L(528))).

I was under the impression that this should show the info under all views for the artist. So when going into years and i see the artist namess i would expect the tags to show. This doesnt seem consistent thoughout. It works for some views and others it doesnt. Please correct me if im wrong or help to better understand the Music views.

I am determined to perfect the streamed MP skin with all new music tags and features. Seems to be some bugs on the way. I would be more than happy to provide you with the skin files. I have looked around on the forums and as far as i can see no one has tried to incorporate so much into the music section.

Your help would be appreciated.

P.S. All this talk of new music plugins. Really!?. Got to say we dont need it. If it is skinned properly with new tags ect, work just as well as Moving pictures and TV series.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I posted some questions in feedback for 1.2 music section. Havent had a response and not sure if i posted in the correct area.
    Sorry, real life is taking up a lot of my time at the minute
    I am using MP 1.2b at the moment and will soon update to the svn version. So not sure some of these have been fixed.
    Just a heads up that in order to make things clear we have changed the skin properties slightly so #rating becomes #music.rating, #artist becomes #music.artist etc.

1. In tracks view, most if not all are 2 channel. most are showing as 1 channel. The visability condition i use for 1 and 2 channel is;
    string.contains(#channels,1)
    string.contains(#channels,2)
    Not sure if this is an issue with the way some files were encoded or the tag reader we use (TagLibSharp). I suggest you have a look at SQLlite browser as you can open up the music database in that and see what the data looks like. All the tracks I have ripped are showing as stereo but some I have from trying to fix an issue from another user are all 1 :confused:. I will have a look but I think you are probably seeing an accurate reflection of what is in the database.

2. Star Ratings in tracks view. If check the data under rating. Most songs have a zero rating. Using !string.equals(#rating,0) still shows a rating of 1/10.
    OK the code is
    Code:
    string strRating = (Convert.ToDecimal(2 * tag.Rating + 1)).ToString();
    So 0 does get converted to 1 but I am not sure why :confused: will investigate

3. I have set up music tags in the playlist xml. They display fine. if i have a mix of artists, the tags only display the info from the first artist. For example the artist bio, will only show the info from the first artist. If i move to a different artist it does not update, still shows the info from the first.
    Not sure what you mean when you say "move to a different artist". The skin properties were not designed to work in playlist screen so not sure what would go on there anyway.

4. For album artist index. When on a letter it shows the bio of the first artist. Is this intentional?

5. As above but happens when i go to ratings.
    OK, will see what I can do here

6. If i select artist tracks, it will not pick up the music tags. So no bio, style, mood ect.

7. As above but this happen when i go into years.
    So you are the bottom of a view and looking at track data but no data is available?
    I would like to see screenshots of what you the views you are using and where data is now showing.

May be there is something i am missing with views. I set a a visability condition for the various views string.equals(#itemtype,#(L(528))).

I was under the impression that this should show the info under all views for the artist. So when going into years and i see the artist namess i would expect the tags to show. This doesnt seem consistent thoughout. It works for some views and others it doesnt. Please correct me if im wrong or help to better understand the Music views.
    528 is album artist. The item type would only be set to this when at the album artist level of a view. The default Year view goes
    Year | Artist | Album | Disc# | Track
    hence #itemtype will never be set to Album Artists

I am determined to perfect the streamed MP skin with all new music tags and features. Seems to be some bugs on the way. I would be more than happy to provide you with the skin files. I have looked around on the forums and as far as i can see no one has tried to incorporate so much into the music section.
    There are a few (the new Avalon skin is as well as Dadeo on Amped) but hopefully once some people start others will follow...

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Thanks for replying so quick.

Number of channels - Images attached. Looks like MP picks up the database vales ok, but the details in the file dont match the database values.

Rating - just figured out with out the visibility condition it works. the rating was out of 10. so a workaround might be to create a seperate label "/10".

Playlist - See attached screenshots

For the views - see the attached StreamedMP xmls for 1.2b. Its a work in progress so the coding is quite messy. Its should be enough to see what i mean with the info. My main concern is with the new music views, im trying to be consistant with visibility conditions. I not sure if it a lack of understanding or an issue with the views. The xml's hopefully should explain.

Let me know when you have the files. I will remove them from the post when you have.

Attachments

• sqlite - music database.JPG
      sqlite - music database.JPG
      203.5 KB
    • mediainfo - track properties.JPG
      mediainfo - track properties.JPG
      122.7 KB
    • mediainfo - track properties 2.JPG
      mediainfo - track properties 2.JPG
      126.5 KB
    • playlist1.jpg
      playlist1.jpg
      490.2 KB
    • playlist2.jpg
      playlist2.jpg
      530.9 KB

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    528 is album artist. The item type would only be set to this when at the album artist level of a view. The default Year view goes
    Year | Artist | Album | Disc# | Track
    hence #itemtype will never be set to Album Artists

Think i was a little to hasty with this one. It looks to be working ok. What i was missing was the localized code for artists, so i didnt look hard enough spot the differnece of artists and album artists.

Is there a list of these codes somewhere?

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Various Issues with 1.2b music - Jameson Please help

I don't know if this is what you are asking for but here is a list of strings/codes I asked sometime ago:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/listen-music-99/list-commands-strings-available-music-section-97543/#post755976

Thanks Holzi.

What i was looking for was a list of localized codes as shown in the music view configuration.

If you go into MusicViews.xml for album artist you see;
    <name id="ref-17">528</name>

Just need a list of these codes for music views as not all codes are configured by default.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Hi Jameson,

I know your busy and thanks for your time. I appreciate your help.

In regards to the music views;

I have investigated into the music skin properties, i have found the code for artists in the strings.xml which is 133.
    It seems to work fine for displaying fanart as a thumb. I can't get the skin properties to display such as #ArtistInfo.Bio. I assume this is designed to work with album artists and not artists.

A shame cause i though I had all the views sorted.

Any chance you will have this working in artist view?

No of channels;
    The only thing i can see in common is that i ripped the tracks from my collection a number of years ago with windows media player. The tracks that are ok i got from other sources.

Track rating;
    Looks like the rating is always 1 higher than it should be. If its rated at 0 it displays as 1. if its rated at 10 is displays as 11.

If its any help i have cleaned up and nearly completed the code for Streamed MP music view. I really am just stuck with these issues.

Would love to know if your going to do anything about these issues.

Attachments

• mymusicgenres.xml
      82 KB
    • common.facade.music.xml
      17.4 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Any chance you will have this working in artist view?
    It should be working. Would need to check but in the back of my mind I think this may have been fixed in SVN since 1.2 beta

Code is
    Code:
            String strArtist;
            if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(tag.Artist))
            {
              strArtist = tag.AlbumArtist;
            }
            else
            {
              strArtist = tag.Artist;
            }

So will use album artist if available else will use artist. As I said, I think this has been changed since beta so you may want to test on current code

Would love to know if your going to do anything about these issues.
    It is on my todo list...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    No of channels;
    The only thing i can see in common is that i ripped the tracks from my collection a number of years ago with windows media player. The tracks that are ok i got from other sources.
    Appears to be an issue with TagLib# which is an external library we use for tag reading. I will have a look but is probably this will not be fixed in 1.2. The code within MP is showing what is in the database correctly but the tag reader is somehow getting this wrong.

Track rating;
    Looks like the rating is always 1 higher than it should be. If its rated at 0 it displays as 1. if its rated at 10 is displays as 11.
    Yeah I do not get the +1. It has however been deliberately set like this. I am asking around to see if anyone knows why. If not I will sort this out so it shows the correct values. This was changed in Rev 13840 which was 1,582 days (4+ years) ago...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Various Issues with 1.2b music - Jameson Please help

What i was looking for was a list of localized codes as shown in the music view configuration.
    The default view names are shown in config:
    music_view_strings.png

There is nothing to stop a user using any string (see the language files as there are hundreds of them). These are the default ones though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom