Various problems since upgrade to 1.13 (Sluggish, constant "unable to play" msg, shut offs, etc) (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @HTPCSourcer I followed the directions and I ran a Windows Update, it only found Defender definitions. Does not seem it needs any other updates. Video card (the APU) is also up to date, or so says the Catalyst Control Center software.
    Hhm, as long as you are seeing the reported error numbers in your event log, Windows Update is having issues, and your update process may not be complete.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, today I am testing with only a handful of plugins on. Keep in mind I usually keep Music, Videos, DVD shortcut, Pictures, Play Disc, RSS news, Sudoku and Tetris disabled to begin with. What I have enabled for today's testing is MP-TVS, MvCentral, MPSync and MiniDisplay.

Will see how that works out and report back. Btw, the CTD is only happening on two of the 4 HTPCs, but the Unable to play videos is happening on all 4. The sluggishness on all 4 has gone down greatly on all 4, aside from when exiting playback and returning to the GUI. That still takes upwards to 60 seconds.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I remember something about to not disable myvideo to avoid (i don't know) maybe GUI setting issue :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Everything fine so far, so now i have turned on MovPic and SubCentral, totaling:
    MP-TVSeries
    MvCentral
    MovPic
    MPSync
    GenericKeyboard
    SubCentral

Will see how this goes and report back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom