Various problems trying to set mediaportal and streamedmp (1 Viewer)

kissaragi

Portal Member
November 14, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So i built a basic home theatre pc a few day ago running windows vista 32bit. Ive had nothing but problems trying to set mediaportal up and its driving me slightly mad.

I have Streamedmp, moving pictures and my tv series installed and want to continue using them if i can.

Problem 1: using the mouse to navigate streamedmp. On the home screen the options and background picture disappears if i move the cursor away from the top left hand corner, if i move it to the middle it brings up three buttons for closing and restarting mediaportal. Why is it doing this?

2: I have the cyberlink remote control and when i install the plugin for it mediaportal hangs indefinitely on startup at the loading plugin phase.

3: A menu used to pop down from the top of the screen when i moved the mouse up there with play, stop, fwd, ect. All of a sudden its stopped appearing.

4: Using the moving pictures plugin, isos import ok and show up in mediaportal fine, but when i try to watch them, the first time launches dvd decryptor, and then if you close that and try to play it again, the screen flashs black for a split second and reverts back to the menu, it just wont play at all.

5: Using the my tv series plugin. It used to bring up a 3 column grid with the title and a picture relating to the tv show behind. Today, about the same time problem 3 happened, it started bringing up a 3 column grid with no background pictures, just floating text.

Im also having trouble importing tv series correctly with my tv series plugin, its splitting some series such as veronica mars, listing series 1 and 2 separately in the main my tv series menu and others its doing correctly, grouping the differnt seasons togther. Im also getting duplicates for some shows, It seems to import each Wonderfalls episode twice.

I think thats it! Sorry for so many questions but ive been trying for 3 solid days to get these things working with no success and i just dont know what to try next. If you guys can either help or point me in the right direct for guides then i will be eternally grateful. It would be nice to spend more time actually watching tv on the htpc than setting it up!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

1. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/basichome-black-screen-problem-mouse-move-50438/

2. Which plugin is it that you install? Give exact name & link please. Log files.

3. Is topbar plugin still enabled?

4. Maybe problem with your Deamon Tools setup in MP Configuration?

5. Can you attach screenshot and log files.

In future, rather post a specific question in the relevant sub-forum. Example, TVSeries question to TVSeries forum. StremedMP here. Etc...
    The authors monitor those areas and can give better support (than me :D).

kissaragi

Portal Member
    November 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply. I thought they all might be silly newbie questions so i posted them here first. Ill post in more specific areas in future though.

Thank you for solving the home screen issue and top bar problem, those 2 really were silly newbie questions!

The link for the cyberlink remote plugin is Cyberlink PowerCinema Remote Plugin for MediaPortal (lcwmax) . How do i post log files from mp?

With regards to daemon tools. I installed daemon tools lite, added .iso to the list of video formats and selected where dt was installed in config. Moving pictures seemed happy enough with that to import an iso and find its data. Have i missed something out?

Ill get some screenshots of the my tv series errors. Am i better off reposting that problem in the my tv series forum section?

Thanks again, i was at the point of considering selling everything and buying an apple tv last night.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Sorry, can't help with that cyberlink. Maybe someone else. Let's be patient.

See my signature for a link on log files.

Not using Deamon Tools myself. You said you did configure it in MPConfiguration, so no other ideas from my side. Maybe your log files will reveal.

TVSeries - yes, better off in the dedicated part of the forum.

Apple tv - nah, you will learn to love your MediaPortal addiction :D

kissaragi

Portal Member
    November 14, 2009
    Home Country
    I got the iso working, it was a virtual drive conflicting with an external hard drive. The cyberpunk isn't a big issue, the htpc is in a standard pc case atm, in a few months time when I can afford it I'll get a proper htpc case with built in it and get my harmony working with it. Thank you again for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom