Various problems with DVB-T (1 Viewer)

Rohan

May 28, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 with SVN 2006/10/27
Windows Version: XP Home SP2
CPU Type: Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
HDD: Seagate 160GB SATA (it's partitioned ~100GB for XP)
Memory: 2x Corsair 512MB DDR2
Motherboard: MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 915P
Motherboard Bios: Latest one I think (1.8 or something?)
Video Card: Geforce 6600GT
Video Card Driver: Nvidia 91.47
Sound Card: CMI9880/Intel HD Integrated
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: latest one
1. TV Card: Compro Videomate DVB-T200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T (with BDA drivers)
1. TV Card Driver: 1.3.3.9
MPEG2 Video Codec: Dscaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Dscaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A
HTPC Case: Desktop ATX case
Cooling: 2x case fans + PSU fan + Intel's CPU fan
Power Supply: 500W

I've got SVN revision 11379 of the TV Server installed and it generally works really well... thanks to all of the people who worked on it, I'm looking forward to the final release :)

This is in the UK, with Compro Videomate DVB-T200 DVB-T card.

Anyway I have a few issues. First I had this strange problem where the TV Server was constantly trying to record and timeshift BBC ONE, even if I closed Mediaportal and tried to stop it manually from the TV Server controls. That didn't work. I thought I could have accidentally scheduled something but apparently not. I restarted the TV Server, it immediately restarted recording and timeshifting. Even after restarting the computer it was still trying to record. After a few hours of leaving it, it was still recording so I just gave up, uninstalled and reinstalled the latest SVN version. Haven't had the problem since.

I now have another problem. ITV1, ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4 all display a really broken up, messed up picture. It isn't happening to any other channels, and this happens when viewing ITV channels from any of my computers. I never had this problem before TVengine3. I'm not sure if it's a bug or something I'm doing wrong...

Also subtitles never seem to show up in Mediaportal, although when viewing the stream with VLC they show up fine (as long as you turn on subtitles).

If anyone has solutions to those I'll be really grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom