Various questions/problems tv-sever (1 Viewer)

spinmar

Portal Pro
January 25, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Yesterday I decided to pass to tv-server, because it read that it can receive hd channels.
So following the avi guides, I installed tv-server, tv server plugin and svn media-portal.
After configuring it, I scanned hot-bird 13E°. This satellite has at least one HD channel: luxe tv HD.
Using alt-dvb 2.2 (using cyberlink H.264 codec) I see this channel without problems.
This is the first problem: tv-server finds this channel, but when I try to see it in media portal, I can listen only audio but no image.
What can I do? Where is the problem?
Using tv-server and tv-server plugin, where an user can set which codec to use?
When I use tv sever configuration, in channels tab, I can select a channel and then preview it: well, if I do it with a normal channel, the window opened starts ffdshow (why??), while if I preview luxe tv hd, tv server configuration is closed with an error.
Other question: in MP, when I go to tv section for the first time, the tv is off. I have to select a channel and then the images starts. Why automatically is not displayed the last channel?
Best regards

MediaPortal Version: SVN 0.2.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Aqua
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Core Duo E6600
HDD: 2 x Samsung 300GB
Memory: 1GB 667 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus p5WDH Deluxe
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: msi NX7950GT-VT2D512EZ-HD
Video Card Driver: Nvidia 93.71
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Technotrend S2-3200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDvd 7.0
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M
Cooling: Noctua NH-U9
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-401HT-F3
Remote:
TV: loewe xelos A32
TV - HTPC Connection: 2xDVI (HDCP Enabled)

Erbsenkopp

Portal Pro
August 3, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

first, there are still problems to view the HD Channels with MP. You can read this in different treads too. It´s a problem with the correct using the codec or so. Other Programms has not this problem.

To turn on the TV automatic you can chance this in tv configuration.

Regards,
Erbsenkopp

spinmar

Portal Pro
January 25, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
and so why did I pass to tvserver3? :confused:
I could hold the MP version 2.2 stable con module myTV....
Using server and client on the same system, which are the differences between tvserver and myTV module of MP?

Erbsenkopp

Portal Pro
August 3, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

DVB-S2, at the moment, only supported of TVServer (i think the codec problem will be fixed soon - hope so)

The switching time from one channel to another is mutch faster then tvengine 0.2

You´ve got the multiple channel choice
And, i think, TVServer will be the future - so innovations and maybe bug´s will be earlier (could be only) programmed and fixt, then for the TVEngine 0.2

So, at the moment i´ve got problems too, but tvengine 0.3, i think, will be the better choice.

regards,
Erbsenkopp

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The latest SVN's seem to exhibit this problem, I can get an HD picture by toggling the 'TV On' option, there seems to be issues when switching between SD and HD on the same source.

You could try TVServer SVN version 13019, this is the last version I personally have no HD problems with, downside to this is the database is dropped and recreated when you install it...just export your channels but you do lose yours groups on import.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom