Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, have been trying to fix some issues:
    • Added support for 24 bit ASIO channels, so should work on Xonar now. Untested, because i only have 32 bit channels available here. See also the warning below!
    • Attempted to fix the DTS forward problem. Guesswork for the most part, so don't be surprised if it's not working :) (Only changed the forward/rewind function, will do pause later if this turns out to work)
    • Attempted to fix the crash when no ASIO driver is installed. Guesswork here too, because i could not reproduce the problem here.

Warning!
    To prevent damage to your speakers, turn down the volume before trying this. I'm not 100% sure i've got the byte-order right on the 24 bit chans. If you get awfull noise instead of music, also with a normal mp3, i got it wrong :rolleyes:

There's no need to install the vcredist if you already have 0.2.0.0

Attachments

• PureAudio.mpi
      30.6 KB

mark1234

Portal Member
    October 8, 2007
    "Attempted to fix the crash when no ASIO driver is installed. Guesswork here too, because i could not reproduce the problem here."

Symphy,

It's solved now!!! Great work!
    Thanks for this incredible plugin.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D :D :D
    :D
    I will test tonight with MP1 RC2 + svn 14sept..

---------- tested a bit.. ------------

24bit asio is working!!! sweet. Great work Symphy!!!!

BUT.... Im sorry to report that the fastforward, backward or pause still causes the white noise. Ill post a log for it within a couple of minutes.

[edit2]
    Below are the logs of the Xonar ASIO driver set at 24bit. I played a DTS file and after 10 seconds of playing I pressed (1)pause or (2)fastforward and (3)rewind. If I set the Xonar ASIO driver to 16bit I get the same result, white noise with the mentioned actions.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    "Attempted to fix the crash when no ASIO driver is installed. Guesswork here too, because i could not reproduce the problem here."

Symphy,

It's solved now!!! Great work!
    Thanks for this incredible plugin.

:D :D :D
    :D
    I will test tonight with MP1 RC2 + svn 14sept..

---------- tested a bit.. ------------

24bit asio is working!!! sweet. Great work Symphy!!!!

BUT.... Im sorry to report that the fastforward, backward or pause still causes the white noise. Ill post a log for it within a couple of minutes.

[edit2]
    Below are the logs of the Xonar ASIO driver set at 24bit. I played a DTS file and after 10 seconds of playing I pressed (1)pause or (2)fastforward and (3)rewind

Well a 2 out of 3 score is not too bad :)

Thanx for the feedback sofar, will keep looking for the forward/pause issue.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    want anything else to be tested? Just ask, because I just did what I thought would be handy... other file types or...?

Good luck on the problem solving... Personally Im not that bother with it. All my files are single songs, no cue sheets. So it doesnt realy bug me. But ofcourse it would be nice to be able to if needed to pause/forward etc.

Ed

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    want anything else to be tested? Just ask, because I just did what I thought would be handy... other file types or...?

Good luck on the problem solving... Personally Im not that bother with it. All my files are single songs, no cue sheets. So it doesnt realy bug me. But ofcourse it would be nice to be able to if needed to pause/forward etc.

Ed

You did exactly the right tests :) The log proofs that indeed 24 bit asio format is used. It does not tell me what causes the whitenoise, but i can't think of any other tests right now that would help.

If i have something, i'll let you know :)
    Thanx,

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, have been trying to fix some issues:
    • Added support for 24 bit ASIO channels, so should work on Xonar now. Untested, because i only have 32 bit channels available here. See also the warning below!
    • Attempted to fix the DTS forward problem. Guesswork for the most part, so don't be surprised if it's not working :) (Only changed the forward/rewind function, will do pause later if this turns out to work)
    • Attempted to fix the crash when no ASIO driver is installed. Guesswork here too, because i could not reproduce the problem here.

Warning!
    To prevent damage to your speakers, turn down the volume before trying this. I'm not 100% sure i've got the byte-order right on the 24 bit chans. If you get awfull noise instead of music, also with a normal mp3, i got it wrong :rolleyes:

There's no need to install the vcredist if you already have 0.2.0.0

Hi symphy!

first of all - great plugin!

Im still having problems with the Rewind / Fastforward /Pause. THIS IS NOT ONLY A PROBLEM WITH DTS FILES...
    I have a lot of HDCD albums encoded to flac/WAV.

they all play flawless, but as soon as i Rewind / Fastforward /Pause the track, the sound gets distorted and the HDCD indication on my receiver starts to flash - not bitperfect sound anymore...

thanks!

Best Regards!

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Symphy!

Thanks for your work. I have made a few Tests with my Files!

DTS (.wv Image)

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours -> sounds great, but no sound after "fast forwarding" or "pause"!
    Verdi - Aida -> sounds great, but no sound after "fast forwarding" or "pause"!

.ape Image

Chopin - Nocturnes -> all works fine

.flac files

Oscar Peterson Trio - Night Train -> all works fine

.wv Image

David Gilmour - Remember That Night -> all works fine

.mp3 files

Paul McCartney - Tripping The Live Fantastic (Live Recording) -> there is a "humming" (i hope, thats the right word; in German i mean "Brummen") between the Tracks!

I attach the logs!
    Best Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Symphy!

Thanks for your work. I have made a few Tests with my Files!

Thanx Helios. Gives a good insight in what's working and what not.

Paul McCartney - Tripping The Live Fantastic (Live Recording) -> there is a "humming" (i hope, thats the right word; in German i mean "Brummen") between the Tracks!

Yep, humming is the right word for Brummen :) I assume you mean the typical 50Hz or maybe 60Hz hum. Humming is a typical analog problem, and if it's only on this particular album, its most likely in the recording itself. Can always occur during live recordings.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Best Regards
    Helios
    Because i have to convert all my files new to single .flac Files, i made a new test with gapless Playback. One of the best Album for Testing is IMO "The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" first three Tracks! After setting the Latency from 256 to 1024 samples, the Humming between the Tracks disappeared!

Best Regards

Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom