Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello everyone,

It has been awhile, but finally some progress again! I've been testing it against the latest MP releases, but could not find many new problems.

Changes:
    • Upgraded to work with MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2
    • Fixed playback of .xm and .mod files
    • Added basic WMP Visualization support
    • Fixed problem with audiodevice selection dropdowns
    • Settings are now stored in PureAudio.xml, no longer in MediaPortal.xml

About the visualizations:
    I did not manage to get the existing code working again, so decided to start all the way from scratch.
    At this moment only WMP visualizations are supported, and only in "fullwindow" or fullscreen mode. The latter because i currently have no way anymore to determine where exactly to draw it on the various screens. Of course i'm working on a solution for this. Also there is currently no "status overlay" feature.
    The good news is that you can now use Psychedelia Viz Pack and Morphyre!

Configuring them is a bit easier then before: simply install the visualizations of your choice in WMP using their standard installer. Then you can select them right away in the plugin configuration; no need to copy files.

Note:
    The latest soundspectrum visualizations do not work and will cause MP to become unresponsive! (The trials anyway.) However i have an older G-Force 3.7.3 trial here that actually does work. So if you have older versions, it may be worth trying.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One odd issue with the plugin config, in the extenstions section I unticked the use for webstreams option at which point you get no further response from the gui..only way to exit is to click the window close button..may just be me.

Thanks for the update, I would have missed this as the only way I can seem to play my DTS albums.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    One odd issue with the plugin config, in the extenstions section I unticked the use for webstreams option at which point you get no further response from the gui..only way to exit is to click the window close button..may just be me.

Thanks for the update, I would have missed this as the only way I can seem to play my DTS albums.

Nope its not just you.. There was a similar issue with the device selection dropdowns that i fixed, but i see now all checkboxes are suffering from the same problem... fix is on the way.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Symphy,

thank you again for the work you are putting in to this. I was looking forward to this.

But Im a bit at a loss. I am on win7pro x64 and I cant get it to work normally.
    hardware is asus xonar dx with spdif
    can you explain to me what the settings should be to work for:
    -win7 audio setting
    -xonar driver setting
    -mp config settings (music)
    -mp config settings (pureaudio)

hope someone can help me. because all I hear is whitenoise :(

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Can you provide a bit more info?
    Do you always get whitenoise or just with dts?
    Are you using the native xonar asio drivers or asio4all?
    Does the xonar work correctly in other software like foobar?
    And like always, logfiles may reveal the problem:)

In general:
    1. Make sure the plugin is installed correctly (listed in MP config, "plugins" section)
    2. Make sure the plugin is enabled
    3. Make sure the fileextensions you use are listed in plugin config ("extensions" section)
    4. Make sure you have selected "ASIO", the correct device and the correct channels in plugin config ("device" section). Device and channels are mostly recognizable by name.
    5. Make sure your device's controlpanel does not have any settings that may break bitperfect playback. Like forcing spdif output to 44100 or something.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Can you provide a bit more info?
    Do you always get whitenoise or just with dts?
    Are you using the native xonar asio drivers or asio4all?
    Does the xonar work correctly in other software like foobar?
    And like always, logfiles may reveal the problem:)

In general:
    1. Make sure the plugin is installed correctly (listed in MP config, "plugins" section)
    2. Make sure the plugin is enabled
    3. Make sure the fileextensions you use are listed in plugin config ("extensions" section)
    4. Make sure you have selected "ASIO", the correct device and the correct channels in plugin config ("device" section). Device and channels are mostly recognizable by name.
    5. Make sure your device's controlpanel does not have any settings that may break bitperfect playback. Like forcing spdif output to 44100 or something.

Thanks for the reply Symphy :)

I will start testing with foobar to see what the correct settings are. And If im not succesfull after that, ill post a log.

in general.
    Im gettin whitenoise with ac3 44.4/48khz dts 44.1/48khz and wav 44.1/48khz.
    Im using native xonar driver (alteast I didnt install any and xonar asio is available)
    plugin is installed and active. extensions are present in pureaudio and music section. ASIO is selected with correct channels (6/8 no difference)
    The device controlpanel is set on spdif 2ch pcm and tried 44.1/48/96/192 khz. No difference.

anyway, ill start playing around with foobar. this is faster. Ill let you know what comes out.
    Thanks for the response.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I gave up for now.
    I got it working instantly within foobar making use of wasapi. Klick and play.
    But in MP it just wont.

I have attached the logs; The first couple of files are white noise. The last played file is a 6ch mp3, but only 2ch are visible/heared.
    Hope you see what is wrong.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi symphy,

Did you by any luck had a chanse to look at the logs? Is there anything unusual there? Its still not working here.

BMan

Portal Member
    August 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Symphy.

I really like the Pure Audio plugin. It's the best way to get really good sound out of MP.

I just noticed that BASS came out with a beta supporting WASAPI. Have you considered adding WASAPI support to Pure Audio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom