Very interested developer needs some help ! (1 Viewer)

T

tamagotchi

Hi,

I'm very very interested in contributing to MediaPortal by adding new plugins. I have great ideas. I do VB.NET since the .NET beginning, and I have a great experience in developing applications and websites.

I've download the PDF on this forum (don't remember where) to learn how to make plugins, but I only can see C# or C++ as language. And I'm not kind with it, i prefer VB.NET.

Is it possible to make plugins for MediaPortal in VB.NET ? If yes, does someone have a tutorial for this ?

Are there plugin development teams right here ? I know this is a bit silly, but I'd like to be part of one of them, to share my experience with other developers.

Thank you for your help ! :)

PS: Sorry for my english, and don't hesitate to contact me on this forum, by email or MSN...

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
It definitely is possible to make plugins using VB.NET. There is a tutorial available, but it only tells you how to implement the ISetupForm interface that registers your plugin with the configuration utility.

If you want to create a Non-GUI plugin, you will have to implement the IPlugin interface.

The best thing to do is to download the source code, and read through it (its difficult at first because its C#, but it gets easier over time, once you understand the language - the main difference is that they've replaced most of the keywords in VB with symbols like {} ).

In particular, check out the WindowPlugins and ProcessPlugins projects as they contain code for the existing plugins.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom