Very Poor Performance (1 Viewer)

doubleugk

March 21, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have Dell Dimension 9150 with an Intel Viiv PD 920 processor Dual Core (2.80Ghz, 800FSB, 2x2MB) with main memory of 1024 MB.
I've installed all the required additional software .NET Framework 2.0 and the actual DirectX SDK.

The performance was that slow, that it was not acceptable for me to use the MediaPortal. I don't expect a response times of millisecs, but if the building of the UI takes + 20 secs, it seems not OK.

I wonder if this is a compatibility problem and the MP doesn't fully use the available resources of my machine.

ethanx

Portal Member
March 11, 2006
I think one of the main reasons MP is so sloooooooow is because it´s written using .NET. At least, that´s what I read on a website about software for HTPCs.

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
doubleugk said:
I have Dell Dimension 9150 with an Intel Viiv PD 920 processor Dual Core (2.80Ghz, 800FSB, 2x2MB) with main memory of 1024 MB.
I've installed all the required additional software .NET Framework 2.0 and the actual DirectX SDK.

The performance was that slow, that it was not acceptable for me to use the MediaPortal. I don't expect a response times of millisecs, but if the building of the UI takes + 20 secs, it seems not OK.

I wonder if this is a compatibility problem and the MP doesn't fully use the available resources of my machine.

Did you really download the directX SDK?
i think the SDK includes a reference device (kind of like a virtual Viedaocard.. wich runs in software, and therefor is extremely slow..)
Are you sure MP is not using tis reference device instead of your graphics card?

You can easily check this when you start MP in windowed mode, and got to File => change device

Render device should be set to hardware..

If You are talking about the loadig time of the music screen.. this can take a few seconds if you have a large amount of folders in your music directory. (but not 20...)

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom