Very slow tune after trying off-air channel (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As I said, it doesn't make any sense for MP to try two tuners in my scenario, because they're both on the same card, so if the aerial cable's broken, neither tuner will be getting any signal.

Unfortunately that kind of topology information is not available for the tv service (at least I don't know how it would be). Also it is even possible to have one one tuner broken in a dual tuner card.

But surely there could be a user-configurable setting to say "if tuning fails with first tuner, stop trying"? This would be after MP has identified which tuners are free, so it wouldn't matter which actual tuner it tries first if it's identified more than one is free.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    there's a new setting within the timeshifting config. of setuptv where u r able to define nr of cards to try when timeshifting.
    0003005: User selectable max free cards to try for timeshifting - MediaPortal Bugtracker

/gibman

As I said, it doesn't make any sense for MP to try two tuners in my scenario, because they're both on the same card, so if the aerial cable's broken, neither tuner will be getting any signal.

Unfortunately that kind of topology information is not available for the tv service (at least I don't know how it would be). Also it is even possible to have one one tuner broken in a dual tuner card.

But surely there could be a user-configurable setting to say "if tuning fails with first tuner, stop trying"? This would be after MP has identified which tuners are free, so it wouldn't matter which actual tuner it tries first if it's identified more than one is free.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah, thanks. I see the problem was identified and addressed long before I brought it up :)

So I just have to wait for 1.2 for this fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom