Very VERY cold colours with new M/B and RC1 (1 Viewer)

Uncle Woja

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: XP PRo 32bit
CPU Type: 64 X2 4600
Memory: 2gb Kingston DDr2 667
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev 1.0
Video Card Driver: Latest Catalyst Drivers
h.264 Video Codec:
TV: Panny PX4270A Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI --> HDMI

Like the title says. I recently upgraded the motherboard in my HTPC to the new gigabyte mATX with the 780G chipset. VERY happy with it so far (aside from LAN not waking up from S3) apart from one major beef I have.

The colour temp of video is EXTREMELY cold. I usually like my video a little on the cool side, however I have the colour temp of the TV set to the warmest setting and the video is still too cold for my liking.

I can't find and colour temp control in the latest catalyst control centre and google hasn't been my friend lately as I can't find any information about the issue.

I've tried monitor calibration and adjusting the blue channel gamma and things start to look better until a video is played, then everything resets to the way it was.

Playing video through Zoom player (I think. Player bundled with the Combined Community Codec pack) comes out perfectly, but anything through Mediaportal is much too cold.

X264 video is better than DivX/XviD. Anyone else have a similar problem or knows how to adjust the colour temp in the Catalyst Control Centre?

Using the CCCP codec pack.

Also, none of the video overlay settings for the 780G chipset have any effect on video through Media Portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom