vfd updates only once every 6 seconds (1 Viewer)

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: v1.1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: windows 7 (x86)
CPU Type: i5
Motherboard: P7H55D-M Pro
Video Card: onboard
Sound Card: onboard
HTPC Case: OrigenAE S16V (With iMON OEM (VFD))
Remote: iMon pad
VFD Firmware: 0x360201

I've been trying for a couple of days now to get the vfd to work properly, but without any satisfactory results.
Following the instructions from Minidisplay + iMon VFD/LCD (+remote) : solution database I got the Minidisplay plugin to display information on the iMon VFD.
But that's when the real problem started.

The display only updates it's information once every 6 seconds. And I can't figure out why, since the log (to me) shows no errors or strange behavior.

To try and resolve the problem I have:
  • searched both this forum and Google for a solution, but I couldn't find any topics on the same matter.
  • Configured both the minidisplay config as well as the iMon manager with multiple different settings.
  • installed Multiple different versions of the iMon driver.
  • Completely reinstalled MediaPortal
  • Completely reinstalled windows 7 (x86)

After trying all the above I'm completely out of ideas on what to try, and was wondering if someone else has had a similar problem and hopefully a working solution.

Thanks,
Slamdance

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I was finally able to solve the problem. It's the tv client plugin that's the cause.:mad:

Tv Client plugin Enabled:
  • Tv client hostname setting points to a valid tv server --> VFD acts like you would expect and updates every second
  • Tv client hostname setting points to an invalid tv server --> VFD updates only once every 2 seconds
Tv Client plugin Disabled:
  • Tv client hostname setting points to a valid tv server --> VFD updates only once every 6 seconds
  • Tv client hostname setting points to an invalid tv server --> VFD updates only once every 6 seconds
  • Tv client hostname setting left empty --> VFD acts like you would expect and updates every second

I was able to reproduce the problem with the above settings on a different machine with completely different hardware.

I'm puzzled :confused: why this behavior occurs, but I'm glad I finally got it to work.
Guess it's a bad idea to install the tv client for future use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom