Vibrating fonts.... HDMI???

Discussion in 'OffTopic' started by drullens, January 15, 2008.

1. drullens

drullens Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello everybody...

I have just installed my new HTPC. It runs on XP SP2 and uses an Asus 8600GTS videocard. I did the installation in my hobby-room on a 24" Dell monitor and had no issues. Yesterday evening I installed it in the living room on my new 37" Philips LCD and I noticed the following.

When I am in Windows and I move the mouse, the fonts "vibrate". The fonts become blurry from "vibrating". When I stop moving the mouse, the "vibrating" stops within a second and the picture is as it should be.

Inside MP I can also see this in de menus. The borders of a button become slightly thinner when moving the mouse or when I use the MCE remote.

All video's play perfectly, no issues there. So I'm using it as it is for now, but I'm allready annoyed by this.

Offcourse I'm using the latest drivers for the videocard and XP is up to date.
    I have tried two DVI-HDMI cables, but that didn't help.

Does anybody have any idea how to start troubleshooting this????

Grt, Dave

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Paranoid Delusion
    • Premium Supporter

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Are you using TV's native resolution for pc, and is the refresh rate correct in the catalyst settings.

As it seems to be affecting windows environment, must be a Graphics setting somewhere.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!