Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Hiya there!

I always want to know the quality of the content im watching/listening to...

would it be possible to extract some info from files being played and have them appear on the OSD

I know Xbox Media Center did this very successfully and it was a great help in finding out the exact specs of video (and the audio) of movies.

Perhaps somewhere on the OSD there could be a feed from the file being played

it would show:

Audio (codec\filter used, format, channels, VBR bitrate, sample rate khz)
    Video (codec\filter used, format, aspect ratio, frames per second, resolution)
    Current (fps, dropped frames, cache)

etc etc

there could be a button to turn this info on/off

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    this is the XboxMediaCenter info

xbmc-screengrab.jpg

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    SiLenTYL said:
    this is the XboxMediaCenter info

Looks good. Also My TV could show some statics about current DVB stream. Maybe even signal strength, if it's available in BDA.

A

Anonymous

I am new to using MP. I use XBMC and love it.

Is this feature implemented yet in MP? This is exactly what I am looking for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without audio. I configured the video and audio codecs following the video playback guide available on this forum. I have to say that recently I uninstalled a video card to put it in another office PC and now for...
    Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without...
    Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without...
    Replies
    Views
    That seems likely. I tried the h264 ts cutter (found here) and it sort of works with HEVC/x265. The Preview has problems decoding the image, but if you know the area where to cut you can find a place. I had to change the settings (as a dialogbox suggested) to I-Frames as Cut-In-Points and All-Frames as Cut-Out-Points or else the...
    That seems likely. I tried the h264 ts cutter (found here) and it sort of works with HEVC/x265. The Preview has problems decoding...
    Hi there, I have a strange problem with mkvmerge when processing some recordings from german DVB-T2. So what's happening: I...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom