MediaPortal Skin: Default Widescreen
Windows Version: XP MCE 2005, w/SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2 Socket
HDD: 2 x Seagate barracuda 320GB sata 2
Memory: Corsair XMS DDR 2, 2 x 1 gb, 2 gb total
Motherboard: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: XFX PVT71JYHF9 GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card
Video Card Driver: Latest Nvidia 6.14.10.9371
Sound Card: On board ADI AD1988B
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: Vbox Cats EYE 150
1. TV Card Type: ATSC terrestrial
1. TV Card Driver: latest BDA from vbox
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone
Cooling:
Power Supply: Corsair 520W
Remote: MCE
TV: Sony SXRD 50"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI

First i will say all other functions in MP are working perfect, MP3 playback = perfect, DVD playback = perfect, Pictures = perfect , DVD from HD Playback = perfect, 1080p WMV test video playback = perfect , home video DV Playback = perfect.... The problem i am having is when i start the live TV, i can hear the audio and see the video for a few seconds and it will play perfect, then gradually over a 10 to 60 second period the sound will start to stutter, the video will start to stutter,, then they will get out of sync and sometimes the the video wil stop or go black.. on some occasions MP will lock up... I have tried all the available codecs ,, i have install purevideo and coreavc with no change.. I tried the demo version of Beyond TV and it works perfectly. My Sony tv can tune all channels with good signal.. I have a roof mounted antenna with amplifier,, so i beleive my signal strength is good. I have tried reinstalling MP,, I have tried Different VBOX drivers,, I have tried installing a Soundblaster Live sound card.. All windows XP updates are iinstalled,, all latest drivers are being used... I have turned off the EPG grabber... I have read many MP forum posts.... I am pulling my hair out... I really like the MP interface and would like to use it.. PLEASE HELP..

here are my logs

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds strange, but did you try setting the audio renderer explicitly to Directsound:<your card's name> ?

Also run MP windowed and check with graphedit which codecs are really used.

Jim

December 24, 2006
    Yes i have set the audio renderer to Directsound <mycard>... still the same issues.. i have just tried the graphedit,, not sure what the graph is telling me,, what information do you need from the grapf?

Havoc

Portal Member
    March 12, 2005
    Perhaps too obvious, but when I'm having these kind of troubles, I do one of the two work-arounds:
    - stop timeshifting (in MyV);
    - pause the TV transmission for a second or two to create sort of a buffer for MP.

Most of the time I do the latter; it never fails. But still, it is a work around.

Hope this helps.

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    This may or may not be relevant, but what else is running on your machine at the same time?

I had a stuttering problem with playback of ripped video and through a process of elimination, I worked out that it was caused by Yahoo Widgets.

As soon as I switched off Widgets, the problem went away.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps too obvious, but when I'm having these kind of troubles, I do one of the two work-arounds:
    - stop timeshifting (in MyV);
    - pause the TV transmission for a second or two to create sort of a buffer for MP.

Most of the time I do the latter; it never fails. But still, it is a work around.

Hope this helps.

On my system during Live TV I have sound stuttering. DVD, Movies, Recording and timeshifted TV work well. Only in Live TV I have sound stutters.

Enable timeshifting and disabling again helps to get rid of the stuttering sound.

Mostly I don't use timeshifting, because zapping need a bit longer then.

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 with svn--01-14-2007--01-03-Rev12625
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP2 german
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP-M 2400+ (35W)
    HDD: Samsung HA250JC, 250 GB
    Memory: 512 MB DDR400 (2 x 256 MB)
    Motherboard: Soltek SL-75MIV2-L
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA KM400 + VT8235 CE
    Motherboard Bios: AU1.4L
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis 128MB
    Video Card Driver: Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.273 (Catalyst 6.7)
    Sound Card: VIA Vinyl Audio VT1616 onboard AC'97
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver: VIA Vinyl Audio driver v660f (Renderer: DirectSound: Vinyl AC'97, changing to another one doesn't help)
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250
    1. TV Card Type: analog
    1. TV Card Driver: hcw2_5a_24111pp2
    MPEG2 Video Codec: InterVideo Video Codec (WinDVD 7)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Codec (WinDVD 7)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Kabel Deutschland
    HTPC Case: SilverStone LC04 black
    Cooling: Glacialtech SilentBreeze 462 III
    Power Supply: TFX 240W PFC
    Remote: Hauppauge 34-button
    TV: Sony KV-29X5D, 29" CRT
    TV - HTPC Connection: Component

juandionis

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2005
    In my case the WIFI connection has been my major problem regarding video and audio stuttering. Probably my hvr-1300 shares the irq with my wifi pci card. Using my other dvb-t card everything is fine, and disabling my wifi even the hvr-1300 works fine.

juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom