video card question... would a newer card make a difference

Discussion in 'OffTopic' started by Anonymous, December 23, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

Ok, I got an ATI All in One Wonder 9000 pro, 128MB. Now this is OK I guess.. The reason why I say "guess" is I have no idea how much of an impact would a Graph card have on game playing...

For instance I am playing Prince of Persia (Sand of time) on this card, and it looks good!

The question is, would a newer, more memory, Graph card make a difference on the graphics, playabiltiy? Would the game look better with a more up to date card?

There are so many available, I have no idea if they really have an impact on things..

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CoolHammer
    • Premium Supporter

CoolHammer Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Using the same card on my HTPC. While it is not "the ultimate" card for 3d gaming it is sufficent for almost every 3d games on market today. (This is my humble opinnion). As a directx 8.1 compliant it handles quite well on 800x600 resolution (using tv as output device, hence the resolution).

CoolHammer

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got it.. Thanks for that.. There are so many on the market that you start wondering if they actually do make a serious difference!

Thanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice Link EvilDreamer 8)

Thanks to all

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!