Video card ... (1 Viewer)

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
What is cheapes video card i need to buy if i want to have 1 lcd on 1280x1024@60 DVI and 1 crt on 1024x768@85 hz

And want to use lcd for applications and sometimes for overlay and directX, takbar and all the windows stuff

and crt for directx, overlay etc.?

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Thanks

But, are you 100% sure that Geforce FX5500 can do what i want (Basicly using secondary monitor like primary for windows stuff and primary for DirectX (MediaPortal) which need to run on primary display)?
I'm asking because that is quite basic functionality and my radeon graphic card can't handle that ...

Sorry if iam asking too rude or something, but i don't want to buy another useless videocard ...

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
I have a geforce 5500 on my MP box 256 Mb version and it runs a TV as primary and a CRT as secondary, it has a DVI out which I dont use. I am very satisfied with it.

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Ok nice, but question is that you have taskbar on secondary (CRT) and if you start ie. firefox or whatever it stats on secondary (CRT) by default.

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
nitro said:
i was looking at this today and decided to go for an ATI X600 256MB PCI-e
Ati can't run taskbar and start aplication by default on secondary dispaly(s), if it can then please tell me how ...

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
I don't use it myself as my MPbox is purely MP the CRT is only there for fine tuning when I'm in the cellar, but you can send windows and the task bar to the secondary monitor along with the desktop icons. Nview software is quite nice if a bit tricky to get just so.

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Hmm saw somewhere that NV drivers can send taskbar to secondary ... can you try it?

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
OMG im lame \:
you CAN unlock taskbar and move it to secondary monitor withouth any problem and hydravision can handle apps ... \:

Now i wonder if i can somehow FORCE aplications tu start on secondary ...

Anyway swtichnig primary and secondary is still quite a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom