Video Flickering with My TV with larger than 320 X 240 (1 Viewer)

creese77

November 5, 2005
Area: My TV
MP Version: 0.1.3.0
Skin: default
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD 64 3000+
Memory: 1GB PC3200
Motherboard Chipset: EPOX Nforce4
Video Card: ASUS Geforce 6600 256MB
Video Card Driver: NVIDIA 7.7.3.0
Video Card Resolution: 1280 X 1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: MPEG2dec Filter
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
TV Card: ATI TV WonderPro
TV Card Type: software / hardware (not sure)
TV Card Driver: latest (installs with media center 9.08)

Synopsis: My issue is that the My TV section seems to be very clear and work fine when capture card is set to 320 x 240. If i increase this to anything larger then i get these thin horizonal lines that seems to smear across the images. This is only in the small preview window the resy of the screen is fine. The card seems to work fine at these larger resolutions when using the ATI media center program that it shipped with. I am very new to video terms and am having a hard time determining what my problem could be.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

try using the following settings:
    - Video Renderer: VMR9
    - Video Resolution: 800x600
    - Deinterlacing: Best

MP is not perfect with ATi TV WonderPro i fear. Hopefully someone with the same card can give some more help. With VMR9 you can also make a screenshot. If you can provide one, it may help us to find a solution.

Flip.

PS: Very good first post! :)

vlad2902

Portal Member
    November 7, 2005
    Romania
    creese77 said:
    Synopsis: My issue is that the My TV section seems to be very clear and work fine when capture card is set to 320 x 240. If i increase this to anything larger then i get these thin horizonal lines that seems to smear across the images. This is only in the small preview window the resy of the screen is fine. The card seems to work fine at these larger resolutions when using the ATI media center program that it shipped with. I am very new to video terms and am having a hard time determining what my problem could be.

Same problem here using a Asus Tv Card whit MP 0.1.3. Tryed every possible combination between : overlay,VMR and capture card resolution...but works fine only in 320 X 240. Any other value and i got the same horizontal lines (in fullscreen too...). My card also works fine whit almost any tv tuner software...

I'm "new" in using MP...is the above problem a bug ?

Just made a search and found this topic wich seems to solve the problem :
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10328

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom