[fixed] Video PIP mode : small improvement with mute icon (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just a remark this time, not really a bug.

When reading a video in PIP, and clicking in that video, the main screen gets video stream, but the audio stream remain the one from the first opened video.

I assume it's wanted, but as there is no mute icon set, it's sometime difficult to know with audio stream is enabled or not.

PS : Guys, this MP2 is getting more and more a great piece of software. Tks all again for your job !

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Video PIP mode : small improvement with mute icon

You can choose the "master audio" by using context menu (right mouse click) -> select audio stream.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi morpheus_xx,

I didn't saw this option, but it doesn't totaly respond to my question. When i have switched multiples time between the 2 videos, I can't know witch audio stream is active or not... This was the 1st purpose of my post, but it's not a "very important todo right now", it was an idea...

Btw, as I found the option, I found 2 bugs on it :)

1st : The "Choose audio stream" button does not always appear as in picture 1 (2 video paused in black screen but I can assure you even if it is not paused it doesn't appear ; 2 videos AVI XVID + 1 MP3 audio stream)

2nd : When focus the second audio stream, the first one diseapear, see pictures 2 & 3, 1st stream can be view again with a mouse roll up.

Attachments

• picture1.jpg
      picture1.jpg
      112.4 KB
    • picture2.jpg
      picture2.jpg
      12.9 KB
    • picture3.jpg
      picture3.jpg
      10.9 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok, seems to be a bit more to investigate ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

some news:

I fixed the audio stream selection to be available. If the current splitter doesn't support stream selection, I return the default audio stream name. So you can select between mastern and PiP audio stream again.

the mute feature is a bit more difficult, because it depends on the used audio renderer: using the default direct sound renderer, the mute is working correctly. But with other renderer (like MPC Audio Renderer which is mostly set to be preferred), the setting of Volume has absolutely no effect. Even muting in windows mixer the MP2 application doesn't work either.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    morpheus_xx,

I was just thinking something like showing a "muted icon" in the player that doesn't stream the audio.

Cause actually, the only icon shown is the "unmuted" one on both players, unless you force the one that gets the audio to mute.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Video PIP mode : small improvement with mute icon

the mute feature is a bit more difficult, because it depends on the used audio renderer: using the default direct sound renderer, the mute is working correctly. But with other renderer (like MPC Audio Renderer which is mostly set to be preferred), the setting of Volume has absolutely no effect. Even muting in windows mixer the MP2 application doesn't work either.

IBasicAudio should be used to control the volume in directshow graph (audio renderer is implementing that interface usually). MPC audio renderer is not, but it shouldn't be taken into account since is it not complete by any means. Currently MP Audio Renderer wont implement that interface functionality either (but the implementation is already there).

The reason why OS mixer or anything else than IBasicAudio shouldn't be used is that anything else than directly asking the renderer to control to volume level (or balance) wont work if the renderer is using audio device in exclusive mode.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: Video PIP mode : small improvement with mute icon

I fixed the audio stream selection to be available. If the current splitter doesn't support stream selection, I return the default audio stream name. So you can select between mastern and PiP audio stream again.

Please note it doesn't works with a MKV containing at least 2 audio streams (throught Haali Media Splitter). But I assume it is not planed for the alpha ;)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Smeulf, it seems that you found multiple things here.
    What morpheus and tourettes are talking about is an internal problem with the player component which prevents the player from returning its audio stream and thus, the skin might work strange.

With the second thing, I'm not sure if it is absolutely clear what MP2 does;

We have three independent concepts which need to be understood when working with multiple video players. Those concepts are not very common because there are not so many applications which provide such a PiP function. (And I must confess, I don't know how other vendors solve that problem...) Our solution looks like this:
    1) Primary/Secondary. The primary video/image is always shown fullscreen while the secondary video is shown in PiP.
    2) Current player. That is the player that has the input focus, for remote control. That is the player which control background is shown in blue.
    3) Audio stream. That stream comes from one of the players. Each player could have multiple streams. Only one audio stream can active at any time.

Each of those three settings can be changed independently from each other.

When you click on the PiP at the bottom right, you only change Primary/Secondary videos. The other two settings are untouched. That behaviour is by design, but I'm not sure if it's obvious enough, so maybe we have to think about if we can make it more obvious.

The question from which player the audio signal comes can be answered by looking at the audio symbols/buttons (if the mouse is used, they are buttons, if it's not used, they are symbols). A yellow symbol means: "this player provides the audio signal". A grey symbol means: "this player provides an audio signal but it is muted". A yellow symbol which is crossed out means: "this player actually provides the audio signal, but is currently muted".
    If you don't see an audio symbol (picture 1, your "Test4" video), then the video/image doesn't provide an audio signal at all. Here, we see the problem which morpheus was referring to above; under the circumstances morpheus pointed out above, the video player thought that there is no audio. I guess he fixed it, I didn't take a look into it yet.

When you click on an audio button, the behaviour depends on the number of audio streams provided by that player: If it only provides one single audio stream, that stream will become the current audio stream. If it provides multiple streams, a dialog is opened which lets you choose the desired audio stream.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Albert,

Thanks to have made it so clear for me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom