video-playback in small window when using tv-service (1 Viewer)

sgn

Portal Pro
December 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

i'm using a usb-hd-tv-card. when the card is connected to the htpc and i want to watch a normal video (my video or moving picture or so), the videos starts only in a small window in the left corner, not in fullscreen. when the tv-card is not connected or the tv-service is disabled, everything works fine.

i started a thread in the german forum, but it seams no one had this problem befor.

whats wrong?

i'm using mp 1.1.2, xp sp3 and saf 5.0. decoder for all videos is teh cyberlink-decoder.

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I am experiencing a similar issue. For a year I used a projector with the res. of 1024x768 for the screen. I recently switched to a 42" Panasonic Viera LCD TV. Now when I play movies, they start in a small overlay window, not in fullscreen. Is there a way to get all videos to play in fullscreen by default? Thank you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi valtam

It sounds like the overlay mixer is being used instead of VMR9. What do your video renderer settings look like? This setting might also be something you need to correct somewhere in Windows. I recall having similar issues once after changing a setting somewhere in WMP advanced settings. Can't remember where exactly though...

mm

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for your reply mm. No settings have changed that I have done since moving from a projector to a TV. It seems that the move itself to a different format (TV) has somehow introduced the overlay issue I have. I'll check tonight at home, thanks.

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, just got home and checked out my settings, it is set to VMR, still no luck with starting movies in fullscreen....sigh.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    And the option values for VMR (especially the "exclusive mode" option) are...? I'm still at work :)() but I'm leaving soon - I'll hunt through the WMP advanced settings and see if I can spot the one I was referring to...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Please check that your settings in Windows Media Player -> Tools (right click on the top bar if the menu isn't showing) -> Options -> performance [tab] -> click "advanced..." ... match my settings as shown in the screenshot.

If they already all match then check your video card driver settings. I don't know what you'd be looking for (something to do with video or overlay), but perhaps make sure there is only one display configured now.

mm

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      39.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom