[fixed] Video Plugin still has problems with folder.jpg (1 Viewer)

Harry Morgen

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Looks like MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta still has the same fault with the video plugin that 1.1.3 had, that it is it won't recognize folder.jpg or folder.png files on network hard drives. I was hoping that the new release would have fixed that as it's been a problem with MediaPortal for a long time.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Did you mean thumbs for initial shares folders (which are shown as network icons)? If this is a case this was introduced long time ago (2009 I think) beacuse of network performance issue (I think it's svn 21312). Fix is simple, but q is how it will impact network performance again.

Harry Morgen

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi, yes. I never had a problem with network performance issues before when it used to work. Also why is it just for the Video Plugin, the Music & Pictures plugins show the thumbs for initial shares on network drives no problem?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes, you're right on that, also when looking into code I don't see any problem to show those thumbs on initial network shares or that will do some network delay (maybe it was introduced also for case if network shares are not available and it caused some problems).

I will try to see if there is any problem with disconnected shares and thumbs creation.

Harry Morgen

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Great, thanks for replying. I love MediaPortal and have been using it for years. This is only a minor problem but it is annoying if, like me, you have a lot of network shares. Any solution would be greatly appreciated.:D

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I found nothing odd if network folder is disconnected (Mp just waits for few seconds then proceed normal with empty folder). Will see with the team what they can say about that.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Why is it that everyone ignores the guideline to report bugs?
    No logs?
    Looks like MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta still has the same fault with the video plugin that 1.1.3 had, that it
    is it won't recognize folder.jpg or folder.png files on network hard drives. I was hoping that the new release would have fixed that as it's been a problem with MediaPortal for a long time.

First:
    folder.png was never supported. only folder.jpg works.

Second:
    I use an folder.jpg for all folders I have inisde my videos section (sitting on server:\\videos). No issue at all. Also not in any previous version of MP.

Since you did not even bother to post logs, would you please tell me how you set up the folders/shares inside MP?
    Did you set it to point to a mapper network drive like q:\videos?
    Or are you useing the UNC path like server:\\videos?

You must use the UNC path in order to avoid server issues caused by how mapped network dirves work in windows - especially after resume.

Harry Morgen

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    There was no point in posting logs because it's not a hardware issue. It doesn't matter which way you point to the network shares it still will only display the default icon. This problem only occurs with the initial location on the network drive that the video plugin is pointed to, sub directories from this point onward display the thumbs fine.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I-loop, it's something like this: Z is network shared folder with movies and contain folder.jpg

attachment.php

Currently we see this when open shares in MY Videos:

attachment.php

What Harry want is this -> I changed the code which prevents folder.jpg in network shares (nvm the picture, it's the first one I found to set as folder.jpg :) ):

attachment.php

Thumbs and icons in subfolders in HMOBSHARE are ok without any change in code.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
      ScreenShot001.jpg
      4.5 KB
    • ScreenShot002.jpg
      ScreenShot002.jpg
      11.7 KB
    • ScreenShot003.jpg
      ScreenShot003.jpg
      15 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom