Video_ts playback from external HDD (1 Viewer)

MrHaugland

Portal Member
July 25, 2008
I am having almost the same problem as member "fujidust" postet back in 2007.

On my external HDD (a WD Element i think) i have now ripped in 5 different music dvd`s which is in structured e:/myname/music dvd/eric clapton - name of dvd/video_ts

I had the HDD in config, get it listet in Videos, add the info from IMDb, but when trying to play i just get a black screen. It is af is MP doesnt load the movie, because the total lenght of movie is set to 0 minutes. If i go back in config and set f.ex. VLC as external player, VLC pops up, but doesnt load the movie. I can go in fil --> open and manually get the film startet but thats not the point.

I tried copying the same movie over to the internal HDD, and that works. The movie plays as it should. with the internal player from MP.

I have installed ffdshow, haali and vsfilter, as well as powerdvd 8 and vlc. The video codec under "movies" is set to ffdshow. (I have tryed others including PDVD, but nothing happens)

Any pointers out there? I am depended on my external HDD`s, as my internal is not big enough to contain all my movies and tv shows.

Appreciate all help...

blackburst

January 11, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is within the VEOD_TS folder also the IFO file present, if yes, it starts with the intenal player.
Use MPV decoder filter for MPEG2, you could use FFD show for audio.

MrHaugland

Portal Member
July 25, 2008
Is within the VEOD_TS folder also the IFO file present, if yes, it starts with the intenal player.
Use MPV decoder filter for MPEG2, you could use FFD show for audio.

Hmm...I changed the decoder as you said, and now its working. I now I`ve tryed changing it before without any affect, so this is wierd.

Anyways, I can now watch the movies I have, but I cannot get back into mediaportal. Esc has no effect. If i pause the film using space, i cannot do anything. I have to right click the screen, hit "previous windows" to get back to the main program. But then the movie will play in the preview window down in the left corner. If I pause this (using spacebar) MP freezes. Solutions here?

Please, if I need to post a log, could someone be a bit more descriptive in where I find it?

:D

EDIT: And now its not working again. This has happened once before. I havent done anything with the computer, no restart, just surfing. Very confused right now...Such a great program, and such a great struggle ;) My-TVSeries makes it all worth it though....

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    logs can be located in C:\Program FIles\team mediaportal\mediaportal\logs for xp (XP)
    Vista i think it is Program Data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\logs

Another way is alos in the configuration up the top left hand corner, there is a drop down box to the relevant log files.

The main you need is MediaPortal.log, just depends. Usually best to port all and then others can help out to see what is going on.

MrHaugland

Portal Member
    July 25, 2008
    And now its working again. :eek: I will report back with logs when its not working. Guess its just a matter of time :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom