Videos and DVDs suddenly don't play anymore ?! (1 Viewer)

codemann

Portal Pro
August 1, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
When I got home yesterday and tried to play a video (DiVX), it suddenly didn't want to play anymore. Same for DVD. I can go into the menus, even select my files, but I just stay in the menu then, no video or sound is started at all. Plus I can't do anything anymore with my remote, it seems like it crashed.

Only thing I changed recently is that I installed the latest DirectX (february), for the rest it is completely untouched since the last time I played a video or DVD.

I didn't have a chance to look into details yet, I just quickly looked into the log files mediaportal.log and error.log and didn't see anything special. I had to leave right after that so I couldn't look further :(
Did I look into the right files? What else should I check to find what's wrong? Any help for when I get home tonight would be appreciated, many thanks!

MediaPortal Version: Version 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Standard Widescreen
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel P4 2.6
HDD: 160GB Seagate Barracuda
Memory: 512MB
Motherboard: Abit IS7
Video Card: NVidia
Video Card Driver: ForceWare
Sound Card: AudioTrak Prodigy 192
1. TV Card: not installed at the moment

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    As always attach your logs to the post after something like this has happen, much easier to check & help ;)

Regards
    Roy

codemann

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    As always attach your logs to the post after something like this has happen, much easier to check & help ;)

Regards
    Roy

Yeah I know, but I'm at work at the moment so I can't do that... I was hoping to get some ideas what to check when I get home, cause it keeps moving around in my head, can't figure out what could have gone wrong. That's why I hoped to get some ideas here...
    If I won't find it myself tonight, I'll be posting my logs here. What logs should I post by the way, error.log and mediaportal.log?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom