Videos folder wont open - resets to main menu (1 Viewer)

martyyn

Portal Pro
November 5, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7b Enterprise Edition
CPU Type: AMD Phenom X4 9500
HDD: WD Caviar 1TB x 2
Memory: Corsair 2x2GB DDR2-800
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G
Video Card: Onboard ATI HD3200
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-4000
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T, DVB-S
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3 Filter
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 2.5.1
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Optus D1
HTPC Case: X-Case Q-Box
Cooling:
Power Supply: Corsair 520W-HX
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: Samsung UA32B6000 LED

Im not quite sure what to make of this problem. Ive installed MP dozens of times over the years and never struck this.

Ive done a fresh install of W7 Enterprise Edition to see if I want to move from my working XP setup. I installed W7 on a fresh drive, did the Windows updates, installed MP, installed StreamedMP, set up TV Series and MovingPictures all without a problem.

In the Mediaportal Config I opened Videos and set Video folders to two network drives I have on an XP machine downstairs, all as normal but when I try to access those drives (in fact any drive I set up there, even local ones) from the menu, the screen halts for a moment and then returns to the main menu instead of opening the drives to view from.

There is nothing in the logs, nothing in the event logs, I can access the directories with no problems from explorer and can watch the videos with no problems either.

Ive searched the forums for hours but found nothing.

Even if I have just the default setting of c:\users\martyn\videos and have it ticked by default still wont open.

Have I missed something blindingly obvious ?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

Even if you do not see an error in logs, you should attach them please. It can tell a lot more than just errors.

Is you video/myvideo plugin enabled in MP Configuration/Plugins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom