View new posts in certain categories only? (1 Viewer)

McChots

Portal Pro
August 2, 2006
Johannesburg
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi All,

I was wondering if it was possible to view new posts from certain categories only instead of the whole forum as happens now when clicking on the View New Posts button?

McChots

Portal Pro
August 2, 2006
Johannesburg
Home Country
Sorry chris,
I didn't explain fully.

Say I only want to see any new posts in the Developement category, then only new posts in the General category.

At the moment View New Posts will give me all new posts in the whole board.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Say I only want to see any new posts in the Developement category, then only new posts in the General category.

At the moment View New Posts will give me all new posts in the whole board.
    just look at my screenshot above -> red square please.

McChots

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2006
    Johannesburg
    Home Country
    Thanks

My browser doesn't show some pictures sometimes so I didn't notice the attachment.

I believe it only shows when there are new posts in the category.
    The new posts didn't appear on my screen because i had already reset it.
    I'll change my shortcut from the View New Posts link to the main forum page.

Thanks for the help.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you are right, that link below the forumsname only shows up when there are new posts.

btw. i am working on a solution where you can select if you want to see all new posts for english forum or german forum.

because atm. they are mixed up.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you are right, that link below the forumsname only shows up when there are new posts.

btw. i am working on a solution where you can select if you want to see all new posts for english forum or german forum.

because atm. they are mixed up.
    solutions has been added :)

Dropdown menue to show new/daily posts in
    -all forums
    -english foums
    -german forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All that I can suggest is that you read this page in the MP Wiki and experiment to see if it will merge the separate folders to give you a unified view of the media. -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All...
    Hi i have a collection of 9208(Still growing on a daily basis)) music videos(ripped in m2ts format from blu-rays) which are stored...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom