View skin with out Media Portal running (1 Viewer)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a way to view individual skin sections (ie. just My Home) without running Media Portal? I would like a quicker way than: make a change, open MP, nope dosn't look good, close MP, rinse and repeat.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Have you tried the myrefresh plugin (quicker skin development sticky above, plugin download here)? Obviously you still have to open MP and the thread points out a few flaws in the plugin. But on the whole it's saved me a bunch of time by cutting down on the number of times i had to open and close MP as you describe above.

EDIT...Harley, you beat me to it.

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Rock on fellas. I knew that there was something out there, but for the life of me couldn't remember what/where it was. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems with Mediaportal2 and both have been fixed quickly by forum members. I am very impressed by both the forum and the quality of the Mediaportal2 package. Keep up the good work and thank you to all that...
    To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Small skin graphics cached ... big not always ... While you in window al changes for windows skin ignored, when you reenter to this windowm its load skin again with all changes ... :)
    Small skin graphics cached ... big not always ... While you in window al changes for windows skin ignored, when you reenter to...
    Hi Guys, I just recently completed a major cleanup and reorganization of my media library. My media library is stored on a 10 TB...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom