Virtual Clone Drive vs. Daemon Tools (1 Viewer)

svcguy

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
Hello all,

I am unable to use Daemon Tools to mount images and would like to use Virtual Clone Drive (from within MP). Is this possible? I have tried writing a simple batch file that changes up the command line params and calls VCDMount.exe and pointed MP to call the batch instead of DTProAgent.exe. It works, but I must click through a Virtual Clone Drive box reminding me of the command line parameters. When I call from just the command line it works perfect.

Has anyone tried a workaround to use Virtual Clone Drive, or possibly written a plugin? DT is not a option for me as sptd.sys conflicts with IR-Server Suite and EventGhost (only two options for remote control programs as I use Vista x64).

Andy

svcguy

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't have any idea how to use the source code. Can you complie, or direct me to some resources on how to use it? I would really appreciate it!

Andy

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't have any idea how to use the source code. Can you complie, or direct me to some resources on how to use it? I would really appreciate it!

Andy

Hello,

same to me: Can anybody upload a compiled Version?

I have problems using Daemon and would perfer to use VCD.

Greetings

tony2k

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi All,
    to use VCD take a look at this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mediaslayer-cd-dvd-hd-ripping-tool-v1-0f-37606/

Download the Enhanced_dll+config_MP1.0rel.zip and install it.

To install:
    - Add image extension (.iso) to accepted movie extensions at MP configuration
    - Copy Core.dll and Configuration.exe to MP root and WindowPlugins.dll to Plugins\Windows (backup originals first!)

Then Change the Path in the Virtual Drive Settings to the "VCDMount.exe"

My MP starts now playing iso files... with deamon tools not!

[EDIT:]
    I now have the problem that when i stop the dvd playback the screen changes to black so that i dont see mp. Althogh when i minimise the playback with Esc and stop then the playback the little screen changes to black and i have to restart mp.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Hi All,
    to use VCD take a look at this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mediaslayer-cd-dvd-hd-ripping-tool-v1-0f-37606/

Download the Enhanced_dll+config_MP1.0rel.zip and install it.

To install:
    - Add image extension (.iso) to accepted movie extensions at MP configuration
    - Copy Core.dll and Configuration.exe to MP root and WindowPlugins.dll to Plugins\Windows (backup originals first!)

Then Change the Path in the Virtual Drive Settings to the "VCDMount.exe"

My MP starts now playing iso files... with deamon tools not!

[EDIT:]
    I now have the problem that when i stop the dvd playback the screen changes to black so that i dont see mp. Althogh when i minimise the playback with Esc and stop then the playback the little screen changes to black and i have to restart mp.

Thank goodness for this !!! Been waiting for some VCD support for a long time .... ......

I did not replace the Configuration.exe, just the core.dll and WindowsPlugins.dll

*****REMEMBER TO BACKUP THESE FILES IN CASE IT ALL GOES BAD!!!*****

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers :)

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I dont get this to work... installed VCD and it made a mounted drive on F:

I point MP settings for virtual drive to VCDmount.exe and select drive nr 0 etc.

were do i find these files?: Enhanced_dll+config_MP1.0rel.zip

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mascot,
    you need to point to daemon.exe in the vcd folder.
    daemon.exe makes vcd emulate daemon tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom