Virtual Keyboard in one place SMS in another.. and few other issues. (1 Viewer)

Aval0n

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
MediaPortal Version: Latest SVN
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP most current compatible with beta.
Windows Version: Vista x64
CPU Type: c2d 2.8ghz
HDD: 500gb Seagate
Memory: 3GB PC 5300
Motherboard: ASUS P5K-C
Video Card: Nvidia 7300 GS HDMI
Video Card Driver: Nivida most current WHQL
Sound Card: onboard with SPDIF out
1. TV Card: KWorld ATSC 115 (Phillips 713X chipset)
1. TV Card Type: ATSC/QAM DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: Most current.
2. TV Card: PVR-500 dual analog.
2. TV Card Type: Analog
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Remote: Logitech Harmony emulation Microsoft MCE Rc6

Hello, let me start out by saying thank you very much for all the hard work and time put into this wonderful program.

I have always liked Media Portal and am a former MythTV user. I moved to Windows for Bluray playback.

After much trial and reasearch I found MP to be the best option.

I had gotten used to MythTV's episode handling and it's the one area I have always felt to be sub-par with mediaportal.

MediaPortal pays a lot of attention to detail in most all areas except for this one part and it saddens me. :(

For instance, if you schedule a new recording by searching for title, you get a very nice user friendly virtual keyboard to use.

After you schedule this recording, you now go into "scheduled" and select NEW. You now get a very clunky SMS style keyboard.

It is also not very easy to grasp where to modify settings for the recordings once they have been made. If a standard could be made for which button gave the recording options dialog like "info" or "menu" or "ok" or at least have all of those bring you to the same place to change options it would be a lot more intuitive.

I very much miss the option to either "record only new episodes: (not making a new recording of something you already have)

or

"record only premiere episodes" (a non-repeat)

Priority levels for HD tuner cards would be nice as well so if a show is coming on, MP would know to try the HD card first and if the tuner was unavailable it would fallback to analog.

The only option for this is to install fortherecord which I have my own set of problems with. While this adds some of those options it creates it's own set of new problems with the guide and etc, also not having the options easily accessible. If you want to do anything custom, you have to close mediaportal and launch it's own management console or use a web browser.

I'm looking to turn the HTPC into an appliance that my wife and kids can use. I think MP is the candidate for that and the devs aren't some elitist group of linux enthusiasts that will just slap endless features in without some sort of intelligent architecture.

Thank you very much.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom