Visit start page = forums visited (1 Viewer)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello. If I just go to the main page https://www.team-mediaportal.com/
that counts as if I have been to the forum pages as well.
This is a minor problem since I maybe don't have time to read the forums at that time. If I then go to the forum later, the search "New posts since last visit" counts only the posts since that time I was at the main page.
Kind of frustrating if I have been gone for a week and only get a couple of hours of posts.
I know about "New posts today" (which is actually "within 24 hrs"), but what about the posts older than that?
A search must include 3 characters so I can't search for "all" messages a week old.

Thanks for the great work! /Niclas

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, the reason for this is pretty simple. Mainpage and forum have the same login-system. If you visit the mainpage youre automatically logged in to the forum (if "Remember me?" is activated). That resets the last posts.
    If thats really a problem dont use the 'remember me' function and log in manually each time.

Searchresults is maxed to 500, a "new posts weekly" cant fit into that. Sure this can be raised but we have to keep an eye on the relation between serverload and if its really a usefull option. 24h or last visit up to 500 is ok here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom