Vista 6.0 (build 6000) not supported (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey4

February 19, 2011
MediaPortal Version: v 1.1.2
Windows Version: Vista 6.0

When I try to install Media Portal, I immediately get a message that says "Sorry, your OS is currently not supported by MediaPortal. Is this wrong ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Build 6000 doesn't seem to be a release version of Vista. You'll need a legitimate copy of a release version of Vista. For example, Vista Business, Home Basic, Ultimate etc.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Are you running a beta of vista? It seems like it must be something like that. You should update to windows 7 if you have to reinstall anyway.

Jeffrey4

February 19, 2011
    Hi there

Build 6000 doesn't seem to be a release version of Vista. You'll need a legitimate copy of a release version of Vista. For example, Vista Business, Home Basic, Ultimate etc.

Sorry for not putting all this in the first post. I'm new at this. So, here is the info I think you want and what I can get right now.
    The Window vista version is: Windows Vista Home Premium, Version 6.0 (build 6000) copyright 2006. It came installed with the Gateway computer when I bought it.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
    MediaPortal Skin: None yet
    Windows Version: 6.0 (build 6000)
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 x2
    HDD: Western Digital WD50 (500GB))
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: Elite Group MCP 61PM-AM (socket AM2)
    Video Card: 256 MB GeForce 8500 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc.)
    Video Card Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    Sound Card: Generic Motherboard
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Generic by Microsoft
    1. TV Card: ViXS Pure TV-U 4899 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver: ViXS Systems 6.2.100.12
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ?
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ?
    h.264 Video Codec: ?
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A
    HTPC Case: Gateway GM5474
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: NTSC

Also, it looks like the hardware is 64 bit architecture and the Vista may be 32 bit. So I assume to use the 32 bit version of MP.
    Thanks.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Afik build 6000 is rtm, well 6000.xxxxx actually, but sp1 changes it to 6001.xxxxx. I think you should install all updates from windows update site and then follow our installation guide in wiki. Check pre-req especially.

br,

RitterChristian

July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    AW: Vista 6.0 (build 6000) not supported

Hello,

I'll bump this thread because my question is related to this one and I haven't found some kind of cure searching through the forums. Or maybe I just didn't find that one thread that answers my question.

MP Version: 1.2.0 Beta

It tells me that my OS isn't supported (6.0.6001.65536 it reports on the message box). Yes, I've turned off UAC (albeit with Windows 7 it worked with UAC on), installed all updates that were available as of today.
    And yes, it's a "real" and legit Vista.

Where's the problem? I get "Sorry, your OS is currently not supported by MediaPortal".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Vista 6.0 (build 6000) not supported

Where's the problem? I get "Sorry, your OS is currently not supported by MediaPortal".

You need Vista SP2, as clearly stated by our installation requirement page -->here<-- (supported OS tab). You can download SP2 from -->here<--.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

RitterChristian

July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    AW: Vista 6.0 (build 6000) not supported

Oh that's right, should have read the bold text ;)
    Unfortunately, that's a little problematic, because I actually switched back to Vista SP1 from XP and 7, just because the memory consumption under 7 is higher than Vista SP2 (on my PC at least).
    Under 7/Vista SP2, 800 MB are at least in RAM, and I need as much free as possible (1 GB here). Under Vista SP1, it's just 500 MB.
    Switching to XP is not great because I need scalable icons (amongst other things like HW-rendering).

Sure it is not helping, but may I ask, why exactly MP requires SP2 of Vista? Are there some breaking things that exist in XP, Vista SP2 and 7, but not in Vista SP1? Just asking :)

But thanks for your help! :D

Greetings,
    chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Vista 6.0 (build 6000) not supported

Hi again Chris

Sure it is not helping, but may I ask, why exactly MP requires SP2 of Vista? Are there some breaking things that exist in XP, Vista SP2 and 7, but not in Vista SP1? Just asking :)
    That is certainly a fair question - unfortunately I can't give you a good answer. I can say that we encourage people to keep their machines up-to-date with the latest service packs and fixes, and that policy *may* be the reason why Vista SP2 is required. In the long run it would be better if you could get more RAM...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread